Pirate Day September 19th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you talk like a pirate on Pirate Day ( even a little bit)

• Total voters
I've never understood the desire to romanticize seagoing muggers.
I done no research, but off the top of me head, methinks it started with tha publication of "Treasure Island." Yarrgh.

Me other best guess would be tha' pirates back in tha day seemed like wild and free men, sailin' tha seas an' answerin' ta none but theyselves. Ripe sort o' folks for stories and legends ta spring up 'round.

Dear Pirate-wannabes,

It's ARRRrrr, ends in 'r'. Not ARRRGH, that's what Charlie Brown says when he lands on his back after Lucy pulls away the football.

Shiver me timbers, walk the plank. Matey.

Where is the pirate emoji when you need him?
Whaaaaattttt the Pirate spelling police have arrrrrrrrived. Duck farrrrr covarrrrrrrrr mateys.

Dear Pirate-wannabes,

It's ARRRrrr, ends in 'r'. Not ARRRGH, that's what Charlie Brown says when he lands on his back after Lucy pulls away the football.

Now we’ve had arrrrrrrr spelling’ lessons, what can ye tell us about grammarrrrrrrr?

It be "argh" when ye be lamentin' the takeover o' rocketreviews by a bunch o' lilly liver scalawags.

Dear Pirate-wannabes,

🏴‍☠️ Click on the emoji smiley face in "compose" type" pirate" in the searrrrrrrrch field.. Shiverrrr me timbarrrrrrrs tharrrs pirrrrraaaate colours tharrr she be.
🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

Ok, everyone, all together:

Stick out your tongue, hold on to it with a few fingers.

Now say: I live on a Pirate Ship!

That was so funny in second grade!

A British rocketeer on talk like a pirate day would say "AAAH!" cuz, you know, British.
Nevah moind.

Latest posts

Back