Photos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pictures and enjoy the launch of the mosquito because after it goes up, you'll never find it. ;)

nice job on the LES on the redstone. They are some of the hardest things to build and get them straight.

and ......welcome to the forum.
Thanks and yes its very delicate. I had alot of problems before I finally got to this level. The balsa fins were a challenge as well, even the water slides can be a challenge when your doing it on a larger scale. Not to mention filing the spiral gaps on the body tube and painting without bleeding through. I read a number of forums through those 3 years that helped.

I see you have run into all the other challenges that come with building rockets. I get a lot of enjoyment out of scratch building scale models, designing the build, scrounging from stuff to make detail parts and then finally flying them. Post pics of your Saturn when she’s done.

Is that a Gemini in your header. That would be my next hopeful build in line with the Mercury Redstone snd Saturn V part of the mission going to the moon. I haven't been able to find that kit. I enjoy a lot of documentaries primarily the Gemini, and Apollo missions leading up to the missions to the moon. Apollo 8 was like a dream back in 68.

Can you post a full picture of the Gemini if indeed that is the Gemini.

Is that a Gemini in your header. That would be my next hopeful build in line with the Mercury Redstone snd Saturn V part of the mission going to the moon. I haven't been able to find that kit. I enjoy a lot of documentaries primarily the Gemini, and Apollo missions leading up to the missions to the moon. Apollo 8 was like a dream back in 68.

Gemini Titan II

Thanks for the pictures and enjoy the launch of the mosquito because after it goes up, you'll never find it. ;)
Lol. I had one when I was a kid and launched it in a large open field at my school. I did find it. It must have been a very calm day. It does require a large open bare field and maybe binocu L ars

I'll attach the link to the build thread on the Gemini Titan
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/gemini-titan-1-54-scale-scratch-build.171235/post-2244348

This shows the plans and construction methods used to build the model.IMG_2523.jpg

nice job on the LES on the redstone. They are some of the hardest things to build and get them straight.

and ......welcome to the forum.
I'm almost ready to start painting the Saturn V. I'm testing some methods for the wraps that have the small vertical ribs. I know about the bleeding problem and I have the tamira tape that I plan on using and using some testers liquid enamel to paint and seal the edge of the tape before finishing with a spray can. I have some extra wraps that I plan to test on until I get it right before moving ahead on the actual model. Do you have any other suggestions. I've read one other blog that used a Sharpie but I think painting the edge with enamel should seal the edge better.

I'm almost ready to start painting the Saturn V. I'm testing some methods for the wraps that have the small vertical ribs. I know about the bleeding problem and I have the tamira tape that I plan on using and using some testers liquid enamel to paint and seal the edge of the tape before finishing with a spray can. I have some extra wraps that I plan to test on until I get it right before moving ahead on the actual model. Do you have any other suggestions. I've read one other blog that used a Sharpie but I think painting the edge with enamel should seal the edge better.
I apply the masking tape a tightly into the ribbing as possible and then seal with a clear coat and hope for the best.😉

Back