Pem Tech - The Kraken is lose!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already working on it.

Dan

Beat ya' to it!

:p

Krakenssmall.jpg

Hey Layne, what about the SFH (Super Frickin' Huge) Kraken? Is that a big secret?

sfhKraken.jpg

All orders recieved yesterday have been shipped via USPS Priority mail, and no I got no sleep last night.

Now for general responses to posts.

Fred:
"We have succeeded in continuously bumping this thread as you requested. We assume the agreed upon sum of money will be deposited into our PayPal accounts at the agreed upon time. Just don't let the moderators know...."

I am very sure I have no idea what you are referring to, but if I did you should know that paypal isn't safe anymore. Everything is being handled by the Llamas now.

nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk
Nuf said....

Many thanks to Bob Cox for editing the Kraken Destruction maunal and to Skippy-2 for contributing several vital illustrations.

Noise:
"Well I just ordered one and you can be sure I will try flying it on an E and perhaps an F. Love those 24mm blackjack reloads... "

You wil probably beat me to that one, haven't time to fly in much too long. Keep us posted if you pull it off.

Dave Combs:
"I'd hit it!'

Yack! Put it away would you!
:surprised:

"Just order a 29mm motor tube from Layne on the same order, sweet-talk him about some centering rings, and DIY!"

Don't you go spreading rumors about me.....

Hospital_Rocket:
"Not fair, you show it in flight with what obviously looks like a Skid or a Spitfire, then release it in 24mm?"

That exhaust plume was from one of my photos of the Upsacle Spitfire flight at NSL2006.
Thus is the magic of Photoshop......
;)

Dbarrm
"Early next year, late next year, When next year???

Midyear?
:D

Skippy-2:
"Hey Layne, what about the SFH (Super Frickin' Huge) Kraken? Is that a big secret?"

Oh, thanks a lot Mal, now the secret is out....
Geeeez...
Now the DOD, ATF, FBI, NIH, BMC and PETA will be beating down my door.

:rotflol: But, it is so much fun! Yep A-D is LPR and E-G is MPR...Yeah, would be a little heavy for a C6 me thinks...Now a D24, hmmmmm...lol

I hate to disagree there, the >motor< does not make a rocket "midpower" , it's the rockets construction that makes it a midpower kit... you can put a big motor in an alpha, stormcaster,red max or whatever... but that doesn't make it a "midpower" rocket.

if it's designed around bp motors with standard model rocket construction involved,, it's a model rocket.

an example of a midpower rocket would be something like madcow's products.

regardless the Kraken is a great looking rocket!

Man, I have been head down, bum up at work of late. Hardly had time to scratch myself. I just logged in and the forum software reminded me I haven't visited for nearly 3 weeks!

Anyway, I've been busy. Haven't had a chance to fly it yet. The weather hasn't been kind. Hopefully this weekend..

The build is a snap. The only recommendations I can make are - be patient while cutting the tube fins, and glue the launch lugs on -before- you glue the fins on. That will let you fillet them.

Darned hot looking rocket, Layne!

Yes, those are some parts for the 3"/38mm version in the first picture..

Mine was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from Thanksgiving. I haven't had time to do anything more than look through the instructions though.

I think I'm going to add a motor hook to mine. I'm just not confident enough in friction fitting or tape to risk my case.

The only recommendations I can make are - be patient while cutting the tube fins, and glue the launch lugs on -before- you glue the fins on. That will let you fillet them.
I suggested the same thing when I was editing the destruction manual. That suggestion did not get included in the final draft.

Darned hot looking rocket, Layne!
Darned hot looking rocket, Matthew!

Awesome lookin Kraken Maagic! You sure did some magic with the paints there! Now we need flight pictures or video! ;) And I need to get kraken and order one of those bad boys!

What's really funny is, I'm also a plumber :p

Maybe I should name it "Plumbers Krak"?

Who's a smokin' krak? Yous a smokin' krak? Hopefully my krak will look that good! Ummmm, well kraki!

:rotflol:

Yes, 40+ going on 14! :D

" Originally Posted by matthew View Post
The only recommendations I can make are - be patient while cutting the tube fins, and glue the launch lugs on -before- you glue the fins on. That will let you fillet them."
I suggested the same thing when I was editing the destruction manual. That suggestion did not get included in the final draft.

It isn't that I don't love ya' no more Bob.........
But them motor hooky thingies just annoy the heck outta' me.
They stick out of the rocket in a disturbing manner, limit the length of the motors used and are generally frowned upon at parties and social mixers.
But then there is the need for thrust rings and don't EVEN get me started on that subject. Just makes my megalomania all act up!!

You got a purdy Krak there boy!

*Ahem*

Anyway, Yule is approaching and thus we have to set a cut-off on ordering Kraks or, anything else, to be received by Christmas. Tuesday the LAST day we can except orders under the pretense of getting them shipped to their target by Christmas. We will still accept orders at anytime but you will not get them till after the holiday.

It isn't that I don't love ya' no more Bob.........
But them motor hooky thingies just annoy the heck outta' me.
Motor hooks are a separate issue, Layne. We were talking about launch lugs and fillets.

Has anyone had a chance to fly their Kraken yet? The weather and my work schedule have been lousy, so it's been a no-fly-zone here. I even have my EMRR review nearly complete except for the flight. :cry:

Motor hooks are a separate issue, Layne. We were talking about launch lugs and fillets.

OOppssss..
My bad.....
I misunderstood the point of your post.

And you are right, it was a good suggestion, it just got over-looked in the transition to production. Will take care of that after the holiday.
But you have to admit those motors hooks are a bit disturbing.
;)

Well, after some percasternation on my part I finally ordered my Krak this morning!:D Gots to have me Krak! Anyways, it be done..Now back to working on my Lil Bucky Jones-Space Cadet! ;)

Back