Ozymandias!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
Hey! My English class was reading a poem titled "Ozymandias" the other day! Very interesting with cool images of irony.

I'm guessing you (Ozymandias) have read the poem before? Why did you choose it (sounded cool, deeper meaning)?

Originally posted by rocketsonly
Hey! My English class was reading a poem titled "Ozymandias" the other day! Very interesting with cool images of irony.

I'm guessing you (Ozymandias) have read the poem before? Why did you choose it (sounded cool, deeper meaning)?
Yeah that's a great poem isn't it? I named one of my rockets just Ozymandias to stump the LCO. I chose it for the deeper meaning and so the ROC guys on the forum would know me.

I remember reading "Ozymandias" last semester. Percy was a great writer, however I think Mary was the better of the two.
If any of you are into poetry I would have to recommend you check out the classics by Blake, Donne and Wordsworth as well as the famous sonnets of Shakespeare. I hope that their genius will amaze you as much as it did me.

Back