• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Ox Metal CNC Router (Project)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I call it a "Project" because I have not cut with it yet. I have wired it and verified that all 3 axis move, so really I bogged down at the learning how to cut stuff stage. I need the space back, so I'm trying to move this thing cheap. Approximately 30x20 cutting area.

Included: Everything associated with CNC, ie Ox-Metal, control box, power supply, wiring, computer, screen, emergency stop, DIY dust seperator, extra spoil board, some extra fidly bits, cabinet it is sitting on.

Pictured but no included: DeWalt Router

Price: I have between $1250-1500 in it, and I will sell it for $250 to the first person in my driveway (Garland, TX) with cash, or PayPal Friends.

Terms: As is sale, you will need to figure out use, and troubleshoot, but there is pretty good documentation for the Ox-Metal, Openbuilds Black box and software.

IMG_20220415_131529285.jpgIMG_20220415_131503699.jpgIMG_20220415_131457707.jpg

I call it a "Project" because I have not cut with it yet. I have wired it and verified that all 3 axis move, so really I bogged down at the learning how to cut stuff stage. I need the space back, so I'm trying to move this thing cheap. Approximately 30x20 cutting area.

Included: Everything associated with CNC, ie Ox-Metal, control box, power supply, wiring, computer, screen, emergency stop, DIY dust seperator, extra spoil board, some extra fidly bits, cabinet it is sitting on.

Pictured but no included: DeWalt Router

Price: I have between $1250-1500 in it, and I will sell it for $250 to the first person in my driveway (Garland, TX) with cash, or PayPal Friends.

Terms: As is sale, you will need to figure out use, and troubleshoot, but there is pretty good documentation for the Ox-Metal, Openbuilds Black box and software.

View attachment 514361View attachment 514362View attachment 514363

Somebody in Texas needs to go the bank and start driving to Garland ASAP. That is an impossibly good deal, even if it needs a fix or two here and there.

Sandy.

WHY CAN'T YOU LIVE IN PITTSBURGH? 😢😭😫
(hope the deal works out for you two! I checked out the plans, I want to build one of these things!)

No kidding. Well, Pittsburg wouldn't have helped me much, but that is a steal for sure. I have a tiny wooden CNC (12x8, I think) and an aluminum 5'x10' and I would have grabbed this one, even if I had no room.

In all fairness, since I have a couple already, I have all of the software, tools and methods somewhat taken care of, so my cost to put into service would likely be pretty low, whereas anybody starting from the machine only with nothing else will spend a good amount of money to get things running just from software and tooling.

Nonetheless, great way to enter the CNC hobby. My little 12"x8" cost more than $250 and it is made from wood and skateboard bearings with pipe. . .this machine will be 10X better for sure, but the little guy still does some cool stuff at times. . .the big boy is out of service right now due to space, not technical issues, but it was so much nicer to run than the skateboard bearing machine. Looks like this one is about half-way between the two using V-bearings and 3D printed parts, so it is a very great place to start with very little cost of entry for the hardware.

Sandy.

Thanks a million, Chris, both for the deal and for the work you and your son did to load it when my back gave up. This is quite a bit larger and more capable machine than I ever planned to buy, and the deal could not have been better.
Sending a PM for this deal might require you to change your user name!!!
I think I probably still have a few bad ideas left in the tank. :cool:

As you say though, this is indeed a great intro to working with CNC.
hope the deal works out for you two!
Happily it did! It's all unloaded in a temporary spot its new home, though it will be a few days of shifting other things around before it's in final position and reassembly can begin.

Back