Overdrive finished.... FINALLY!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astronboy

Reaction score
I have finally finished my Fliskits overdrive after almost a year of fiddling around on other projects. The kit was a straightforward build, and I look forward to flying it. Decals are kit art derivative, and are cut from a sheet of Red Microscale decal sheet.

Nice looking rocket! Let us know how she flies.

Scott

GREAT job ...you are gonna love how it flies!!! I have probably 40-50 flights on ours already; it's a great little model and woks on everything from 1/4A to A10. I also like your decal scheme, a really cool off-take!

Get us some pics,

Carl

I will most certainly post flight pics. Maybe I can fly her this weekend.

The decal design was created by tracing the fins on cardstock, then just drawing some ideas I had with on the kit art as a basis. I liked the color of the kit art, and the 'split image' idea, but I wanted to stretch the rocket visually.

I am still toying with the idea of painting the nosecone red..... I will think about it a few more days.

Originally posted by astronboy
I will most certainly post flight pics. Maybe I can fly her this weekend.

man, you better hope yer quick on the shutter, because the OverDrive is quick off the pad (right Carl??) :)

Great job by the way! You guys praise me on our rocket designs, but *man* I wish I could finish rockets as well as you guys! sheesh! :p

you better hope yer quick on the shutter, because the OverDrive is quick off the pad

I guess I will try photos with a 1/4A then. No sense losing the rocket on its first flight!!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by astronboy

I guess I will try photos with a 1/4A then. No sense losing the rocket on its first flight!!:rolleyes:

That's why there's a mandatory pose with your rocket before flight. Then load her up with the biggest motor you can and let her rip! :D Nice work. Great looking rocket.

After about 4 months of hanging around waiting to be painted; my Overdrive is finished, at last! :)

I've hung up a few sheets in my spare room, and am using it as a makeshift painting booth (with all the windows open). I've been able to get to work at finishing my 'On paint stand' backlog. The Overdrive is the latest to be declaired 'Finished'.

Natty looking bird this, reminds me of a mini version of the upper section of the Tres.

guess I will try photos with a 1/4A then. No sense losing the rocket on its first flight!!

LOL
you chicken
not like making them is rocket science,
wait it is ROCKET SCIENCE !
good call on the 1/4A.
let us all know how it flys

nice looking rocket

Back