OR warning, Discontinuity in rocket body diameter? And can't add 3rd motor.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scadaman29325

Catching up and tripping all over myself.
Reaction score
I built this from the 3-stage example, increased NC size, added BT and transition, decreased sustainer and booster diameters.

Can't figure out why I'm getting the warning 'Discontinuity in rocket body diameter', and can't figure out why I can't add the 3rd engine. All BTs check out ok.

BNC80 to BT80 to BT80-BT60 transistion to BT60 to BT60 to BT60 (taped motors, no couplers)

What am I missing?

Thanks

Attachments

• CamRoc8060,3stage, 2019-12-18.ork
    257.7 KB · Views: 12
Transition fore diameter is 2.598 instead of 2.6.

I had no trouble adding the third engine to the last configuration; the rest of your configurations already had three motors, so not sure what the problem is.

Transition fore diameter is 2.598 instead of 2.6.

I had no trouble adding the third engine to the last configuration; the rest of your configurations already had three motors, so not sure what the problem is.

The first 3 sims were part of the example when it was a straight BT50 3stage.

I was using cm, changed to inches and got the 2.58 like you noted. Hmmm...

Went to add 3rd stage and worked perfectly. Even with still having discontinuity.

So, I didn't change anything, just the way I was measuring (cm to inches) and it worked. Only got less than 350m up, but rocket was about 350g, pretty heavy with those big motors.

Will try plastic NC and transition and see how that does.

Thanks for looking at it for me.

Back