Openrocket Android motor issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.


Jan 16, 2017
Reaction score
Is there a fix for the motor error you get when trying to download motors from Thrustcurve in the Android version?

Line 2: root element does not match. Expecting www.thrustcurve.org2015....
Android ver 13.11 is kind of broken though. Can't run sims because you can't download motors because of the issue mentioned above. I don't know of any workarounds at the moment. I also don't know of any developer working on the Android version currently. They're all focused on the desktop version, debugging and testing for the upcoming release. The Android code hasn't been changed in 4 years.

I personally might be able to help fix the Android version soon as I'm a low-level OR contributor and am familiar with Android development. Looks like it could be an easy fix, perhaps just change "2008" to "2015" in the code somewhere.
Yeah, I couldn't even get it to install...

Make sure you've allowed installing from unknown sources. Check in the security settings. Then download the .apk file, tap it in a file browser to start install. Once installed, its ok to disable installing from unknown sources if you like.
I would expect the issue would be Openrockets as we are reading their web data. idealy, it should be in a .cfg file so it can be modified in the future.
Hey guys, I've found a way to solve the issue. Though I have very little android development experience, the error seemed like all you had to do was replace any thrustcurve2008 query with a thrustcurve2015 one. So that's what I did, and it fixed it. There are still some other issues with mass components and fin fillets, but with this fix it allows you to run sims.

1) Download oponrocket apk from site
2) Decompile with a tool like APK Easy Tool
3) Search file for "openrocket" to find the folder of queries
4) Open all with something like Notepad++
5) Find and replace all "2008" with "2015"
6) Recompile and put onto phone

Let me know if you have any questions.
Brain fart. I have been trying to get the Thrust Curve app to work.

Disregard my last post.