Open Rocket not saving motor configs or simulations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecondRow

Reaction score
Okay, I'm sure I've changed a setting in OR, but I don't know what.

I have a design file in OR. OR has no problem saving my changes to the design. However, it will not save any motor configurations or simulations. That is, I will add different motor configurations. I will run simulations. I will save the file (I've tried "Save" and "Save as" - I have it set to "All simulated data" for the save option). But when I close and reopen, none of the configurations or sims are saved. Any changes to the design are saved. What am I doing wrong here, and how do I fix it?

I’m not in front it now, but that must be it. It‘s an RKT file originally downloaded from Apogee. I didn’t realize that was even an issue. I’ll check tomorrow morning to be sure. Thanks, @neil_w!

I found that out the hard way a while back. As I recall, OR doesn't throw any errors or warnings at all when you save the file. It's just missing the motors when you open the next time.

Correct, no errors or warnings. I thought for sure that I had changed a setting.

Back