Open Rocket Issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disaster_Guy

Reaction score
I am having an interesting issue with Open Rocket. I have attached two files. Both are exactly the same other than one contains no drogue and no event until the main deploys at 600' and the other contains a 70"x5" streamer deploying at apogee as well as the main at 600'. Without the apogee event the flight side profile is a nice straight boost however a substantial drift is shown prior to main deployment. With the streamer at apogee, the sim shows a VERY windcocked flight. While this behavior appears with all motors, take a look at the J381 for consistency. Also, for what it's worth, I have had similar behaviors with drogue chutes in the sim as well.

View attachment Warrior.ork

View attachment zWarrior.ork

Sorry, I don't have OR here to look, but are you sure its not a matter of the autoscale on the X axis? I have noticed that when I change a parameter that impacts the horizontal flight significantly OR will rescale the X axis and I have to read the axis labels to realize that it is merely a plot scale change.

Sorry, I don't have OR here to look, but are you sure its not a matter of the autoscale on the X axis? I have noticed that when I change a parameter that impacts the horizontal flight significantly OR will rescale the X axis and I have to read the axis labels to realize that it is merely a plot scale change.

Damn, don't I feel stupid... That was indeed the issue.

Latest posts

Back