Open Rocket Help add a motor file for launch tomorrow

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joharvey1

Reaction score
Greetings to TRF,

Had a motor option available to me that was not in my Open Rocket Program. Wanted to sim it, and it was suggested that I download the file for that motor from Thrustcurve.org.

However, when I tried to add the file it keeps saying 'file is corrupt.' I unzipped the file, but I am not sure the file type is right for open rocket. And also not sure where to place the motor file so that OR will read it and list it in the motor menu.

Anyone know how to do this? Would like to use this for a launch tomorrow if possible. Motor is K456 Aerotech

Sorry about the short notice.

thanks.

Greetings to TRF,

Had a motor option available to me that was not in my Open Rocket Program. Wanted to sim it, and it was suggested that I download the file for that motor from Thrustcurve.org.

However, when I tried to add the file it keeps saying 'file is corrupt.' I unzipped the file, but I am not sure the file type is right for open rocket. And also not sure where to place the motor file so that OR will read it and list it in the motor menu.

Anyone know how to do this? Would like to use this for a launch tomorrow if possible. Motor is K456 Aerotech

Sorry about the short notice.

thanks.
Edit: Never mind! Apparently i was opening an older version of open rocket. When I downloaded the new version from their website after an uninstall, I found the correct motor in the drop down menu. So problem solved.

Ok, great. I was just about to give that motor a try in OR 22.
I was finding that a lot of motors were not in OR 15 so did install 22. Now lots and lots of motors and many have more than one thrust curve.

Back