ONLY post comments for Post a Photo - Must be Rocket Related (no comments).

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEC

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't see a companion thread for the Post a Photo - Must be Rocket Related (no comments). thread so here we go, I think.

Two things I wanted to comment on to start.

First #70 and #17 Chuck, you're repeating yourself :D

Second #64 : Wow, knowing how thick the tubing is on Dark Zero, that grass must've been MUCH harder than it looks, along with a ballistic recovery from a great height (like C12- or D16-motivated height - though the motor looks to be an Estes type).

I didn't see a companion thread for the Post a Photo - Must be Rocket Related (no comments). thread so here we go, I think.

Two things I wanted to comment on to start.

First #70 and #17 Chuck, you're repeating yourself :D

Second #64 : Wow, knowing how thick the tubing is on Dark Zero, that grass must've been MUCH harder than it looks, along with a ballistic recovery from a great height (like C12- or D16-motivated height - though the motor looks to be an Estes type).
I could be. It sure looks like it. At my age, I forget everything.

I could be. It sure looks like it. At my age, I forget everything.
;) Understood.

Post 80: We didn't intend to have the camera in B&W mode, but it was. This is an Alpha in the configuration of my first one in 1967 and painted the same way (fluorescent orange and white), flying off of a 1965-1966 version Electro-Launch (in case anyone cares). That Electro-Launch was over 50 years old before it launched its first rocket.

Afford is such a nebulous term. I would have to save for it.
There are a lot of people that have so much money as one guy at the cigar shop ended his cell phone call and looked up and said, "well I just secured the deal I've been working on so that means I get my $67,000 dollar bonus.

There are a lot of people that have so much money as one guy at the cigar shop ended his cell phone call and looked up and said, "well I just secured the deal I've been working on so that means I get my $67,000 dollar bonus.
No bonuses for me and I took my current job to help Soldiers for 59K or 200K pay cut depending on which job we look at. I truly love my job.

TABIw5F.jpg

I read that article many times!

Back