Nov 19 BRB

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketkyle

Reaction score
This will be my first Birmingham Rocket Boys (BRB) launch to attend. I will attemp my Jr. L1 with my newly renovated PE Patriot (4") on an H148R. Anyone else going?

Originally posted by rocketkyle
This will be my first Birmingham Rocket Boys (BRB) launch to attend. I will attemp my Jr. L1 with my newly renovated PE Patriot (4") on an H148R. Anyone else going?

Do they do high power at the landfill site?

They say only A-G motors, but the real "rules" set forth by the Birmingham airport was 3,000' waiver, no rocket wighing over 3.3 pounds including propelant, and only 125 grams of propellant. The H148R only has 115.1 grams of propellant. So, this flight will be legal. I did talk to Phillip Cotton (high rank in the BRB commitee), and he said that the flight will be allowed. Thanks.

Originally posted by rocketkyle
They say only A-G motors, but the real "rules" set forth by the Birmingham airport was 3,000' waiver, no rocket wighing over 3.3 pounds including propelant, and only 125 grams of propellant. The H148R only has 115.1 grams of propellant. So, this flight will be legal. I did talk to Phillip Cotton (high rank in the BRB commitee), and he said that the flight will be allowed. Thanks.

Ok, cool! A 4" rocket should be fine. Good luck.

It will be my first visit to BRB, too. An old buddy of mine is a charter member.

I was glad to hear from him that there is a bathroom on site.

I'm bringing a bunch of paper rockets to test-fly. Two of them are 3 feet tall, and I hope to launch them on E9s.

Good Luck on your L1, looking forward to seeing it.

Greg

A few days ago I clear coated the Patriot with Satin clear. Only one run (on the payload tube), but a very bad one at that. I should have put another coat of Olive Drab on it, there are a couple of places where the paint came off along with the decals (had to redo the US ARMY).

Paper models are interesting, looking forward to seeing those. See ya tomarrow!

Great shot for your L1, Kyle.

Thanks to the Birmingham Rocket Boys for a warm welcome and a great launch site!

Hope to launch with you all again soon.

Greg

Back