• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Nose Cone Bulkhead Q's.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a project in mind but have a few problems that need to be eliminated first. I have a transmitter that must be located in the NC ( aiframe is CF ). However, it is very small and does not require the entire space of the Nosecone, and I want to use the volume of the shoulder for shockcord.

Somhow I need to secure a bulkhead at the top of the shoulder. To futher complicate things, the upper section of airframe ( about 6" ) is permanently secured to the NC, not allowing easy access to this area.

I don't want any external parts either ( screws etc. )

Here is a crude drawing :eek:

The bulkhead is in red, airframe in blue.

Ethan_Kosoof

Thanks in advance.

Ethan

Create a ring that is just barely smaller than the bulkhead. Drill and install t-nuts into this ring. Epoxy the ring into the nosecone. Drill the bulkhead so that the holes line up with the t-nuts in the ring. You now have a removable bulkhead with zero external connections and you still have access to the inside of the nosecone. Attached is a pic of something similar that I'm doing for an e-bay.

-Aaron

Attachments

• Atea build 010 TRF.jpg
    Atea build 010 TRF.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 27
Back