Nike Hercules CAD model build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That print of the NH interstage was done on my FDM printer. I don't think it really looks that good in person, I intend to fiddle with my printer some more, but I really haven't touched anything in many months now. In a slightly smaller scale or sliced up it could be done on the common SLA type printer. What I think I'd rather do is split out the components individually for SLA printing to make it sort of a kit assembly. None of that suitable for a flying model of course.

I will have a decent SLA printer in January. I will print it for you.

Scratch built about 10 yrs ago. Single 29mm motor mount. Hand carved the transition out of a block of balsa. Flys great.

Awesome! Thank you so much! :D

I live under the traffic pattern for RWY 15, Barksdale AFB. I have a special place in my heart for the BUFFs.
My uncle served as Vice Commander of SAC's 8th Air Force at BAFB in the mid-80s.
There were two NIKE-HERCULES sites near BAFB until 1966.... I drive by one of them almost weekly. So much history around BAFB...

For all you Nike Hercules modelers, I've attached info on the N-H warhead body shape (between sta 150 and 87.5). As stated previously, it is not ogive.

Attachments

• NHCurve.pdf
    52.7 KB · Views: 28
So, I very happily came across this Thread and now I am REALLY glad I joined TRF!

I to am an avid NIKE enthusiast (gotta a few stories onn that) and am now working on a 1/4 scale NIKE -NIKE SMOKE as a first scratch-build project with a bit of a catch: Since the Nike M5 motor was pretty universal, I the plan is to build two M5 Motors with 54mm motor-mounts and interchangeable Fin Cans. Internals identical, electronics, etc. so then I can build any sustainer to the same scale (e.g. an AJAX, ASP, CAJUN..) and fly various NIKE configurations at will (whether it be ARMY, NASA, etc))

So, what I really need is as much data on the AJAX as I can get my hands on!

And a Hercules is most definitely in my future.... Just thinking of *simultaneously* starting 4ea 54mm (75mm???) motors.... ! :p
(Not thinking of what that will cost however!)

But I digress...

So where would I rustle up good drawings of these (I have ALWAY's Book of course, but its missing a few things NIKE!)

Great thread...reading avidly!

Jeff
TRA #1186

For all you Nike Hercules modelers, I've attached info on the N-H warhead body shape (between sta 150 and 87.5). As stated previously, it is not ogive.
I've found that the curve fit equation does not work well. Just use the data in the table. Here is the drawing without the equation.

Attachments

• NHCurve.pdf
    147.1 KB · Views: 13
It is my goal to share the Redstone Arsenal, Nike-Herc drawing info. (It's not doing any good setting in the corner of my room.) The drawings I have are 24" x 36" copies made from microfiche of the original blueprints. The drawings are too big for my scanner, and some drawings are too faint for scanning anyway. So, I need to transfer the info into CAD and produce something shareable like JPG or PDF files. It's just going to take time to get it done.

I've started to pull the Nike-Herc info into CAD drawings. As they are completed, I will put the PDFs in this dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4sz9mhthc1es46l/AACI9nLV3apebD7pT8Hg1uLla?dl=0

In other news, due to the generosity of a forum member, I've acquired a massive collection of NH data and photos.
I golf regularly at a course across the road from MS-70L west of Minneapolis. Not far away in the town of St. Bonifacius there's a missile on display in Missile Park. Let me know if you want photos of anything in particular on that one:

Google Maps Link for "Missile Park" in St. Bonifacius, MN

This may be the one you mentioned where the fins have been moved forward in the mounting brackets, since the fin trailing edges appear to be flush with the bottom of the booster nozzles.

I am looking for Nike Hercules scale data. I found this thread but all of the links don't work.
If anyone has links for the data it would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Back