NIB Estes Low Boom $20.00 WalMart

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warning
WARNING: This product contains raw wood.

For awhile, Walmart would have Mini HoJos for $3.##, coming and going in and out of stock. Lots of people went crazy with the kit bashing.

I got a few of those HoJos at Hobby Lobby. One is built but with the smaller tactical fins in Asp Bikini Atoll colors; white with Florescent Orange nose and fins

Remember when China was putting melamine in... milk, baby formula, power bars... Yuck.

Yep, that was to increase the protein count during testing of product lacking protein. They did it to pet food as well despite it being poison. They were putting cardboard into the Korean Shrimp Crackers.

Lead in plastic toys, even colored Estes Parachutes; which is why for a while Estes rockets came with White plastic chutes. Even the Der Red Max that said Black Red Max parachute included on the Face Card. A "We are sorry" note was included inside with the white chute.

We didn't learn our lesson over that either...

Can't you get cheap balsa from the Philippines? Isn't it a wood kit?

I can get balsa easily, but the price of Estes kits here is pretty savage.

We make and sell our own kits, some way cheaper than basic Estes products. An Estes Bull Pup 12D sells for $86.95 AUD.

Walmart acts as a marketplace online. This post notes that Estes is the seller.
Hmmm....

Estes is forcing MAP on its sellers. And restricting or in some cases shutting off sales to online vendors. All in the name of trying to prop up B&M stores.

And here they undercut them all.....

Hans.

Are we 100% sure Estes is selling this through Walmart? Just b/c a website says a company is selling something doesn't mean they actually are.

Are we 100% sure Estes is selling this through Walmart? Just b/c a website says a company is selling something doesn't mean they actually are.
This is what comes up when you click on the seller info. Area code is the same as the Estes company line.

1000017802.jpg

Last edited:
What I find interesting on a "direct" Estes order is after they ship it you get an Email that says:
"SOME of your items are on the way"

So I get nervous and try to find out what did not ship. Turns out each time the item that did not "Ship" via their FedEx is their extra shipping care insurance that is in the shopping cart.

Back