New Rocketry show on TV

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the show for the first time last night and i have to say if I wasn’t into rocketry I would not be interested in the show, not one bit. The Christmas theme just made it even more boring.
Lets ask ourselves, how many times a day do you hear people talking about making a model rocket out of nutcrackers? Never! Why would you make a TV show out of it?
Usually if a tv show or movie sucks big time, it will at least have some hot chicks in it. No hot chicks were seen either.

Maybe not nutcrackers, but there are idiots launching Christmas trees. Don't get me started on that!!!

I never have and never will but Why?

Uhhh....freedom?

MDRA is has a BOD that's member elected, and is self-insuring. If the members or the land owner didn't want it, and their insurance underwriter advisory folks said "NO", it wouldn't happen.

Seriously, in light of all the crazy crap that folks have launched just to get their faces on TV on any of the various rocket special (such as Porta-johns or tiki bars that seems like they were intended to crash in spectacular fashion), Christmas trees are relatively innocuous on the grand scale of sublime-to-surreal.

Unless, of course, you're advocating that all of those crazy sorts of 'stunts' should also not have happened and lumping those folks in with the Christmas tree launching folks?

Last edited:
I often wonder how hard it is for these people to sit around a conference room table and discuss ideas on what they can possibly come up with that hasn't already done before.... Or do they just have an endless list of ridiculously stupid things that they know that the mindless, brainwashed, Sheeple will be mesmerized again with, year after year, and be impossible to turn their TV off because of the cheap sensationalism. Back in the '70s you just went to the grocery store and bought a National Enquirer or a Star magazine and took it home and read about people being abducted by UFOs for sex experiments. Now they just watch TV.

Back