New Rocket Fleet and Launcher Pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabadoctor

Reaction score
Hey Guys, here is a picture and list of my current rocket fleet. My wife thinks I might be a little crazy, but you guys probably understand my obsession. I used my four-year-old son to get back into the hobby that I left 20-years ago.

(Back Row, left to right):
1) Estes Storm Chaser – stock
2) Estes Screaming Mimi – stock
3) Estes Mean Machine – stock
4) Home made rocket – 18mm
5) Aerotech G-Force – stock
6) Aerotech Strongarm – stock
7) Estes Executioner – 3X24mm cluster with on-board X-10 video/audio system
8) Estes V2 – stock
9) Estes X-Prize Rubicon – stock
10) Estes Canadian Arrow – converted into V2
11) Estes Canadian Arrow (paint job unfinished) - stock
12) Home made clone of Big Bertha – 24mm
13) Home made Crayon – 24mm
14) Estes Mercury Redstone – stock
15) Estes X-Prize Thunderstar – stock
16) Estes Big Daddy – stock
17) Estes Scissor Wing Transport – stock
18) Estes X-Prize Eagle - stock
19) Quest Big Betty – stock
20) Estes Blue Ninja – stock
21) Estes Gemini DC – stock
22) Estes Guardian – stock
23) Estes Cosmic Cobra – stock
24) Estes Helio-copter – stock
25) Estes Cluster Bomb – stock
26) Quest Totally Tubular – stock
27) Baking Soda and Vinegar powered rocket – stock
28) Estes Army Rocket – stock
29) Home made BT-80 3X18mm cluster
30) Estes CC Express – stock
31) Micro Maxx set

(Front Row, left to right):
32) Estes X-Prize Spaceship One – stock
33) Estes Eagle Glider – stock
34) Estes Baby Bertha – my son painted
35) Estes Baby Bertha – stock
36) Estes Patriot – stock
37) Estes X-Prize Grauchito – stock
38) Estes X-Prize Lucky Seven
39) Estes Mini Meanie – stock
40) Estes Shuttle Express – stock
41) Estes Fat Boy – stock
42) Home made Rocket – 18mm
43) Home made Sputnik – 18mm
44) Estes UFO – stock
45) Estes Outlander – stock
46) Estes Hydrogen Rocket set

(Under Construction):
1) Estes Renegade
2) Estes Canadian Arrow - another V2 version

Here is a pic of my home made rocket launch pad. The legs are filled with sand for stability. The drill heads allow for almost any sized launch rod.

Man you have one heckuva collection going there. I really like the launch pad also. Your V2 looks sharp did you airbrush it?

Very nice collection...unfortunately I've lossed every single rocket I've built so far...I knew I shouldn't have flown so close to forest:eek:

Wow!

Where (when?) did you get the Micro maxx set? Do they still make those (the kind with 10 rockets, not just two)?

Nice presentation of all your rockets. If you are still under 75 rockets, some people here on TRF consider you a light-weight:) ....don't worry, though. Just tell your wife that paying for your rocketry hobby is cheaper than paying a shrink. That's what I tell my wife.

You seem to have a lot of the X-prize rockets there as well as some of the newer Estes models. I assume you have flown most of yours?

Clive

Nice looking fleet and the launch pad looks great :)
Cheers
fred

Great looking spread! But tell me, once you were finished with the pictures was there that moment of "darn, now I gotta bring em all back inside"?;)

Originally posted by sabadoctor
Hey Guys, here is a picture and list of my current rocket fleet. My wife thinks I might be a little crazy, but you guys probably understand my obsession. I used my four-year-old son to get back into the hobby that I left 20-years ago.

Very nice! But as a wife and mother, I just gotta ask how you justified adding on a time consuming hobby because you have a son. Are you calling this his inheritance? :D ;)

m845..the Quest set with 10 rockets was available at Hobby Lobby last year. You might check your local store to see if they still have any--I know they didn't go flying off the shelf here and I got ours when they had a half price sale.

Originally posted by Pippen
m845..the Quest set with 10 rockets was available at Hobby Lobby last year. You might check your local store to see if they still have any--I know they didn't go flying off the shelf here and I got ours when they had a half price sale.

The Hobby Lobby near me has a relatively small selection of rockets and I don't remember seeing any MicroMaxx stuff there. I didn't notice it at Hobbytown USA either (but I wasn't looking, maybe I should check there).

What's up, doc?:D (Sorry, I couldn't resist). Welcome to TRF.

Nice pictures of the fleet. I see you're from Madison. I just recently joined the club out of Milwaukee (https://www.wooshrocketry.org/), and there's a launch this Saturday! Why don't you come on out?

BTW, I bet I know exactly where you got the MMX starter set (SouthTown, right?) ;) . It's where I got mine, too.

Later,
EV

Originally posted by m85476585
The Hobby Lobby near me has a relatively small selection of rockets and I don't remember seeing any MicroMaxx stuff there. I didn't notice it at Hobbytown USA either (but I wasn't looking, maybe I should check there).
One of the HL's near me in Houston has had 6 or 8 of the MicroMaxx SVSS's on the shelf for months now. I haven't been there in a month or so, but no one has bought one since they've had them in stock.

Just saw this thread...nice collection!

As far as the MMX kit, I just picked one up for the kids last night at Hobby Lobby with the 40% off coupon. Although it came with 50, I'm hoping we can still find more motors for the little buggers.

I got the set at the last 1/3 off sale. I'm down to 11 motors, but only 3 igniters. I emailed Quest, but they haven't responded yet. I flew my UFO with 2 stages twice. the first time the upper stage was unstable, the second time it went horizontal. Staging is a good way to save igniters!:D

How did you stage yours? did you remove the ejection charge? Cause I tried it (I didn't think it would work) and the ejection charge was too robust to ignite the other stage. Thanks.

The first time I just taped them together with masking tape. The second time I scraped out most of the clay, but not any of the ejection charge and taped them with scotch tape. The first time I did it the upper stage was unstable and the side of the lower engine was burned through. The second time it was very windy and the rocket hit a tree while it was still burning (luckily it didn't set the tree on fire). I didn't find the lower engine the second time.

It might be better to try something other than the UFO so it doesn't loose speed between the stages. I lost one of my "regular" ones on a single engine, so I'm not going to try 2-stage with any of them.

I'll try it tomarro at about 6:00pm with one of my regular ones, and I'll post a flight report on here. Just remind me to do it tomarro.

Thanks,
Kyle cornelius

Seeing your collection is even further weakening my resolve. I will surely soon be a BAR!

Originally posted by racerx
Just saw this thread...nice collection!

As far as the MMX kit, I just picked one up for the kids last night at Hobby Lobby with the 40% off coupon. Although it came with 50, I'm hoping we can still find more motors for the little buggers.

eHobbies usually has the box of 12 packs of 6 (72 motors total) for $19.99.

I just looked and they are currently out of stock, but I find that they get regular shipments of these and they don't stay out of stock very long.

Nice collection, they look like they were all built well. I'm jealous. I like the launcher too. I have to build one like that.

Gotta post pics of my fleet at some point....:)

Latest posts

Back