New Launchpad!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggplant

L3 | NAR 93664, TRA 17791
Reaction score
I have almost finished my new LPR/MPR/HPR launchpad! It just needs a blast deflector and a launch rod.

P1000549.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks! Do you know where I could get a rail?

A good local hardware store may have some or could order it for you. Otherwise, McMaster-Carr has it; check their on-line site but their prices are usually high.

Take a look at the way we attach them next time you're at a CMASS launch.

So does Apogee. Plus, they throw an extra gift in with ever purchase.

I have the rail for the club to use, but I couldnt make it to the last MMMSC launch. Sorry guys :( I would give it to Scott, but its twice the length of his car. I should have bought a 6 footer and not the 8. I bought mine on Amazon, Ill look to see what shipping was.

Wow, it has been about a year, but this launchpad is finally done!
I got a blast deflector from my dad who had a few 11"x11" plates of steel that he didn't need. They are very thin, but still tough. I drilled a 1/4" hole through both the blast deflector and the PVC X in the middle. I used a die to thread the end of a 1/4" launch rod and then attached it with some wing nuts. It worked well for one F engine flight. This was in December. I recently got my own 6' 1010 rail, and wanted to attach it. I borrowed a tap from my dad and put a threaded hole in the back of the rail. I used a long 1/4" machine screw to connect the rail to the pad. It is a bit wobbly at the top due to how small the attachment point is, so I will probably be putting an eyebolt in the top and some taut strings to the legs. I will upload pictures soon!

Latest posts

Back