New Deuce Thread!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How come that one hasn't come out for FooseFest? Maybe FooseFest 3?

kj

Craig doesn't want to bring out the good stuff around us yet... We have not proven ourselves worthy. And to think... I have never even seen a DW fly:(.

I have several, but this one has got to be my favorite:

Pretty good...
To date , how many flights - on what motors?

For the benefit of all here.....any ignition problems?
How did you enure the dual light....on various propellent types.

Craig doesn't want to bring out the good stuff around us yet... We have not proven ourselves worthy. And to think... I have never even seen a DW fly:(.

Not worthy? Are you kidding? You, sir, are a rocket guru at this point. However, you may have just taken yourself out of that high ranking (in my minds eye) by openly admitting that you have never owned or seen a Deuce fly! Shame on you. :D We'll have to remedy that at the next Foosefest....maybe try some of those "new" Quest C6's in it. I have never flown it here, always at MDRA. Maybe because of the extra recovery room down at Higg's.

You guys hinting for a March launch???:D

I got a few D-10-7s at AeroTech's ValueRockets.com and tried them yesterday at our club launch. Unbelivable flight I thought it was going to shred it took off so fast and the rocket just kept going up. I need more of those motors and a smaller parachute. On a light breeze we had over a 1/4 mile walk for recovery.

So what's up with the Tour de Duece? Does anyone know where the models are, and what are the plans for the last few states?

Here is the Deuce sent to me for the Secret Santa back in 2005. Man, I sure wish I could remember who sent it :confused:

OK, now I own one so I can post in this thread! (Still have to launch it though)

Attachments

• decals 2.jpg
    decals 2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 23
  • decals 5.jpg
    decals 5.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 28
  • decals 7.jpg
    decals 7.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 23
  • decals 8.jpg
    decals 8.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 28
  • decals 6.jpg
    decals 6.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 26
Scott.... That looks great - you really did a nice job on it! Congrats!

OK, now I own one so I can post in this thread! (Still have to launch it though)

That is one awesome looking rocket! Those decals really make the difference. You should make a kit based on those decals. I'll take production numbers 6-10 please (1-5 are reserved for the creator...)

That is one awesome looking rocket! Those decals really make the difference. You should make a kit based on those decals. I'll take production numbers 6-10 please (1-5 are reserved for the creator...)

Thanks Raul!:D

Obviously I would never rip-off another company's design, ESPECIALLY Jim's Deuce. Even with an original design those decals would force the kit to cost more than what folks would want to pay for it AND probably kill my Alps in the process! I think it will probably have to be a one of a kind... That I spent WAY too much decal making time on!:eek::D

Last edited:
What a bunch of great looking rockets, especially the flight picks. Thanks for sharing.

Well, I flew the Trois Duex last weekend at our club launch! It was the last launch of the weekend on Sunday afternoon..Was an awesome flight, fairly straight-even with the wind we had, and then drifted to the north edge of the field for a successful damage free recovery! Yeah, it kept its repaired fin on!..LOL..Here is a link to a nice video of the flight taken by Tom(Rocketjunkie)..

Trois Duex Flight

Back