Need HELP with making a rocket!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see. F motors shouldn’t be that hard to come by in that size, there are a bunch in both single-use and reload form. An AeroTech F32T single-use might be simplest.

CTI manufactures 24mm G reloads motors, but some are designated as high-power, some propellants are not currently being manufactured, and all are subject to pretty long wait times now. I’m not sure if they’re even going to the UK at this time. But if you’re doing that maybe look at the CTI G65.
Seconded, I would think that it would be cheaper to build a new rocket for a G considering the fact that CTI stuff is hard to come by even in the US!

I see. F motors shouldn’t be that hard to come by in that size, there are a bunch in both single-use and reload form. An AeroTech F32T single-use might be simplest.

CTI manufactures 24mm G reloads motors, but some are designated as high-power, some propellants are not currently being manufactured, and all are subject to pretty long wait times now. I’m not sure if they’re even going to the UK at this time. But if you’re doing that maybe look at the CTI G65.
But I am limited to to a 100mm length of the motor.

Seconded, I would think that it would be cheaper to build a new rocket for a G considering the fact that CTI stuff is hard to come by even in the US
After this current rocket I will go for a multi-stage rocket and see if I can use a higher class motor then. And probably get my level 1 certification before that.

hmm... a lot of mixed opinions here.

So a simple question... should I add another 1 or 2 holes to be safe? or is just that one hole big enough?

@everyone

The dimensions of the the vent hole that I currently have are:
1.3cm in length
0.4cm in width
Like I said the one hole you have is enough. You can add them if you want to, depends on how many holes you want in your rocket. Try the one, if not satisfied add more. You can do us a favor this way too, see whose opinion is correct/ adequate. The differential in pressure is not that great to the altitudes you will be flying to, and your not going from ground level to 10,000 ft in 5 seconds!!!

Back