3D Printing Need Help with 3D Printed Model Rocket (PLA)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turned out alright! ASA has been holding up great to the heat. The original version couldnt handle the ejection pressure and broke in half, but after some reinforcement its been going well.

Cool... on my 54mm birds with PETG I've only used .8mm walls and with electronic ejection charges haven't had any issues. But I am curious to try ASA as its better heat resistance, but also bit less dense too thus should be slightly lighter weight. Stronger, but not as flexible so trade offs

Just flew a mostly printed rocket today with a completely printed PLA+ engine mount tube, which worked great... once. This was a 29mm F15 engine, and the heat did indeed warp the mount tube to the point that the second engine would only pressure fit in about 50%. Maybe if I left the old tube in until it cooled it would have been ok? Live and learn, I'll be using cardboard liners from now on!

Just flew a mostly printed rocket today with a completely printed PLA+ engine mount tube, which worked great... once. This was a 29mm F15 engine, and the heat did indeed warp the mount tube to the point that the second engine would only pressure fit in about 50%. Maybe if I left the old tube in until it cooled it would have been ok? Live and learn, I'll be using cardboard liners from now on!
Use PETG or ASA. And yes liners are required. Or other disposable system.

Latest posts

Back