Neat project news: Frank Burke's X-20 Dyna Soar with Titan-II booster flown

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgegassaway

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
For those who do not check out the Rocket Boosted Glider forum, you should check this out:

Before seeing it though, first guesstimate what the structural weight of the whole rocket was, and what engine power it probably needed.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?119772-X-20-Dyna-Soar-with-titan-booster

Frank Burke, who is a master at making various types of R/C models including Rocket Boosted Gliders, had already done an X-20 Dyna-Soar by itself. Last fall, he began building a Titan-II booster for it, 8" diameter, about 8-8.5 feet tall.

Yesterday….. he attempted to fly it. Check out the thread to see what happened. There is video…..

attachment.php

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing this combo live this weekend at the Tri-Cities Rocketeers June Swoosh event near Pasco, WA.

It wasn't a fluke, I had two more flights today, one perfect on an h97, one on an h115 dm that was a little faster than I liked, but no issues, other than one of my stick on nose weights came loose when the glider ejected and it flew tail heavy, because it was, but I got it trimmed ok and landed fine.

frank

Great flights Frank, and the Interceptor glider was great as well. Not to mention your Titan II, and Jupiter C.

Latest posts

Back