NAR / TRA Membership Refunds?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Understood. Also, I expect most high power and amateur rocketry requires an Faa waiver, which most individuals do not get.

But. If an individual Tripoli member who is living in an area not under stay at home orders wants to launch, why did tripoli put a stop to that? It can't be the social distancing thing if it's one guy out in a corn field, or even a family. If they live together, it kind of nullifies the social distancing thing, right?

Also, what happens to the guy who is Nar AND Tripoli, not under a stay at home and goes out by himself to fly a high power rocket, assuming all local rules are followed? Nar says its ok, Tripoli says no. ??
Mostly because it was just simpler, wouldn’t encourage travel, and wouldn’t lead to people trying to figure out what they could get away with. Also, we actually preceded the NAR by a day I think for our moratorium announcement. I think we expected they were shutting everything down also. Maybe we would do it differently if something like this ever happens again. I hope we never find out.

Back