NAR 2008 National Events

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip Barber

Reaction score
The NAR National Events Committee has completed the annual process for reviewing and approving bids for the NAR's major annual national events, the NAR Convention (NARCON), the National Sport Launch (NSL), and the National Model Rocket Championship Meet (NARAM) and has announced all of their dates and locations.

The NAR Convention, NARCON 2008, will be held at the Kahler Grand Hotel in Rochester, Minnesota March 14-16, 2008, hosted by the Minnesota Amateur Spacemodelers Association (MASA), section #576. Event Director will be Carol Marple, [email protected], (763) 427-0150. The event website is www.narcon2008.org.

The National Sport Launch, NSL 2008, will be held at the Super Sod farm in Orangeburg, South Carolina May 24-26, 2008, co-hosted by the Rocketry Organization of South Carolina at Orangeburg (ROSCO), section #648, and Southern Area Rocketry (SoAR), section #571. Event Co-Directors will be Burl Finkelstein, [email protected], (770)251-4080, and Mark Canepa. The event website is www.nsl2008.org.

The 50th National Association of Rocketry Annual Meet (NARAM-50) and an associated 50th Anniversary Old Rocketeers Reunion, will be held at the Great Meadow Outdoor Center in The Plains, Virginia July 26 - August 1, 2008, co-hosted by the NAR Headquarters Astromodeling Section (NARHAMS), section #139, and the Northern Virginia Association of Rocketry (NOVAAR), section #205. NARAM Contest Director will be Jim Filler, [email protected], (301)524-4447. Old Rocketeers' Reunion Director will be Jennifer Ash-Poole, [email protected], (410)674-6262.

In addition the 2008 Team America Rocketry Challenge Finals, co-sponsored by the NAR and the Aerospace Industries Association (AIA) will be held on May 17, 2008 at Great Meadow in The Plains, Virginia. This is an invitation-only student national competition, event website is www.rocketcontest.org.

Trip Barber
NAR 4322
NAR National Events Committee Chairman

Trip I just realized you were in VA :shot: Are you going to attend the Battlefield Culpeper, launch? Also, Vikings Rocket Society (#203 VRS) is doing the competition side of NARAM if I am not mistaken.

Ben

No, I don't do the Culpeper launches any more. NARAM-50 is co-sponsored by NARHAMS (running the competition side) and NOVAAR (running the sport range side). Vikings will be there in force to fly I'm sure but if NARHAMS has given them some role in event management I'm not aware of it.

Trip

No, I don't do the Culpeper launches any more. NARAM-50 is co-sponsored by NARHAMS (running the competition side) and NAHAMS (running the sport range side). Vikings will be there in force to fly I'm sure but if NARHAMS has given them some role in event management I'm not aware of it.

Trip
NAHAMS? Who is that? :confused:

Back