Name That Kevlar...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay here's a fun game for us all. Can you help me figure out where I bought this kevlar?

This is flat, 3/16", super light-weight. It's hard to tell from the photo, but it's more brown/gold - not bright yellow like we often see. It also has white thread in the weave so there is a white stripe on each side.

This may be futile because I know batches change all the time, but would love to try and find some more just like it. I would have bought it in the last year or so...

Any ideas?
upload_2018-12-4_17-15-34.png

Looks like the pull tape (mule tape) that electricians use to pull wire through conduit.

Widely available from industrial supply shops. I think Onebadhawk sells harnesses that use this material.

I have one of the OBH mule tape harnesses - it's great - but a lot wider and has writing on the side.

I'm hoping someone may have bought the same stuff from one of our usual rocket vendors. It would have come from one of them.

EDIT: just to be clear, I know what I've got, I just need to figure out where I got it from.

Last edited:
Woven_Kevlar.jpg

https://www.unclemikesrocketshack.com/Recovery_Devices/Cords/Cords.html
Tony

Back