Name my rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STRMan

Reaction score
I Scratch built the rocket below. Rather than come up with one for myself, I figured I'd put it out here and on YORF for suggestions on what to name it. It is 18" long, with a ring fin offset by dowels and a trio of fins. It has streamer recovery. Any ideas before it's maiden flight?

DSC00670-1.jpg

You're really letting me down here. I told my daughter that so far nobody has given me any suggestions for my rocket, and she said "How about Lame Boy?" Is that the best suggestion I'm going to get? :(

I feel your pain here. Naming a rocket is hard work, but we really can't disappoint your daughter.

It has an old-US military look to it.

Honest John is taken.

Tiny Tim too.

Little Joe is out.

Slim Jim?

Mighty Max?

Slam Ram?

Nice looking rocket BTW.

Jaeger

Its a type of bird that steals food from other birds. The name is derived from the German word Jager, meaning 'hunter'.

rocket number 1

- i have suggestions for your next rocket -rocket number 2:rotflol:

It looks sort of like a hypodermic needle. How about...

Sonic Injection
Solar Injection
Sky Needle (space needle being already taken;))
or simply
Up Yours (can I say that?) :D

Continuing with the needle/hypodermic theme:

Strato-dermic
Thermic-Hypodermic
Starjecter

Leapt out at me... Kinda an epiphany...

VINDICATOR.

Fits with the military looks... sorta SAM ish or satellite killer-ish... :)

Good luck and nice rocket! OL JR :)

I Scratch built the rocket below. Rather than come up with one for myself, I figured I'd put it out here and on YORF for suggestions on what to name it. It is 18" long, with a ring fin offset by dowels and a trio of fins. It has streamer recovery. Any ideas before it's maiden flight?

"Arthur."

-- Roger

I don't know why people are having such a hard time with this. The rocket already has a label on it. Why not call it the "Snapshot"???

I don't know why people are having such a hard time with this. The rocket already has a label on it. Why not call it the "Snapshot"???

The other rocket Clive, the other rocket! ;)

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'm going to mill them over tonight and make a decision by tomorrow.

In Spanish 2, we had a group project to come up with a restaurant and create a menu...I haven’t thought about before it but the name of the restaurant in English would be a great name for a rocket!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
The Squealing Pilgrim!:rotflol:

Disclaimer: Originally I had included a story about how this name was thought up but decided to remove it as this is a family forum. :D

Here are four suggestions from the Greek mythological gods. (Well, actually three suggestions; Nike is already "taken.")

All four of the following are siblings and are the offspring of the goddess Styx and the Titan Pallas.

Bia - "force" personified; sister. Bound for eternity to the Titan Prometheus as punishment for his stealing fire from Zeus. Freed by Heracles.
Cratos - "strength" personified; brother. Constant companion of Zeus.
Nike - "victory" personified; sister. Constant companion of Athena.
Zelus - "zeal" personified; brother. Constant companion of Zeus.

Another: Celaeno. "Celaeno ("the Dark"), also Podarge ("fleet foot"), is one of the Harpies. She was the lover of Zephyrus and mother of Xanthus and Balius, the supernatural horses of Achilles." (quote from Encyclopedia Mythica).

Hope this helps.

Mark

You're really letting me down here. I told my daughter that so far nobody has given me any suggestions for my rocket, and she said "How about Lame Boy?" Is that the best suggestion I'm going to get? :(

I'm not sure how old your daughter is but maybe...

Polly Rocket

:lol:

polly_rocket.jpg

I can't thank everyone enough for all of the great suggestions. After milling it over, I've taken one suggestion I got at YORF and one I got from TRF and I think I've come up with the right name for this rocket.

Vindicator DMP (Dark Matter Probe)

I hope to use a few of these other suggestions for future birds I plan on building. Thanks again everyone!

I hope to launch this one some time late this week or over the next weekend. Pictures will be posted.

Back