My planned scale rocket projects

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gladiator1332

Reaction score
I just finished the Starchaser Thunderbird (all I have to do now is paint it) and I am almost finished with the Delta IV HLV. If I can get some pictures of these I'll post them. I now of have some future projects in mind because I find building scale rockets from scratch to be really fun. I've divided it up into phases....not sure why...right now I'm on Phase I:

Phase I:
Starchaser Thunderbird
Delta IV Heavy
Nova SSTO
Saturn V
Saturn VIII
N1

Here is a picture of the Starchaser Thunderbird:
starchaser_4.gif

Here is the Nova SSTO...this picture is from Orbiter Space Flight Simulator...go to https://www.orbit.m6.net to find out more about Orbiter. Nova was going to be huge (as you can see)
NovaSaturnV.jpg

Also concerning Nova...here is a post on the Orbiter Forum regarding this addon...some really nice pictures to show you how powerful it was going to be.

Here is a picture of the Russian N-1 moon rocket:
n119642.jpg

And finally here is a picture of the Saturn 8 (I'm guessing everyone knows what the Delta IV Heavy and the Saturn V looks like)
saturnc8.jpg

I really can't wait to get started with these projects. I already have upto Phase IV planned out.

I'll post pictures late rof the other ones I have planned out...but...

Phase II
Space Shuttle (the whole STS system
Energia-Buran
Saturn-Shuttle
Shuttle-C
X-33

Phase III
Delta II
Delta III
Atlas V Heavy
Titan IV
Ariane V

Phase IV
Vostok
Mercury Redstone
Mercury Atlas
Soyuz
Gemini-Titan

Oh yeah the builder of that Nova addon for Orbiter, goes by the username Travmind. If you do go over to the Orbiter forum be sure to check out his new Sextant HLLV and also check out his Nova...go to www.avsim.com and go to the Orbiter Space Ships section and search for Nova SSTO. (This is if you download Orbiter) IT'S 100% FREE!!!!!!!!!!

COOOOOOoooooooooooOooooooooooL!!!

Me like scale!!!

Even F/F Scale!

sandman

And I thought I had it bad.........................

Even with my room full of parts, kits, plans, supplies, tools, etc., I now feel like such a cloner and hack.............

:kill: <---- Fore Check

I thought I was going to have to buy a lot of parts to do these scale projects, but after finishing the Thunderbird I found I had enough to build a Delta IV Heavy launcher.

Good to hear that the Thunderbird is finished, can't wait to see a pic of it! :)

I haven't yet decided if I willl do a cluster for the Saturn 8...most likely I will. To avoid any confusion, the Saturn 8 is a picture off of astronautix, and not the Saturn 8 I am building.

yep, a cluster in the Sat. 8 is a good idea. can't wait to see pics of the Thunderbird.

Back