Hello my people! :)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RS-25

Reaction score
Hello fellow rocketeers! Names Matt and I am so glad to see so many other members! Glad to be joining!

I am a member of my local rocket club "D.A.R.T." and enjoy building custom low powered rockets. Usually terribly over engineered replicas šŸ˜…. Sometimes they work! Looking forward to hearing about everyone's projects and sharing about mine. Looks like there is a lot of experience here and I plan to take full advantage of it.

Current project is a Falcon Heavy 1:109 replica with hot wheels Tesla Model S payload, two side boosters that separate before apogee, and functioning legs on boosters that spring out after booster ejection charge. Last project was Delta IV Heavy replica, with separating boosters and no payload. Its currently needing heavy repairs šŸ˜† .

Look forward for input on build ideas and designs!
-Cheers!

Model Rocket.png

Hello fellow rocketeers! Names Matt and I am so glad to see so many other members! Glad to be joining!

I am a member of my local rocket club "D.A.R.T." and enjoy building custom low powered rockets. Usually terribly over engineered replicas šŸ˜…. Sometimes they work! Looking forward to hearing about everyone's projects and sharing about mine. Looks like there is a lot of experience here and I plan to take full advantage of it.

Current project is a Falcon Heavy 1:109 replica with hot wheels Tesla Model S payload, two side boosters that separate before apogee, and functioning legs on boosters that spring out after booster ejection charge. Last project was Delta IV Heavy replica, with separating boosters and no payload. Its currently needing heavy repairs šŸ˜† .

Look forward for input on build ideas and designs!
-Cheers!

View attachment 608568
DART in San Diego?

If so, look for a young, scruffy guy with a Nissan truck and a big smile, thatā€™s me!

Thereā€™s a couple other forum members that fly there.

If notā€¦welcome anyway! I love your project, that looks super involved.

DART in San Diego?

If so, look for a young, scruffy guy with a Nissan truck and a big smile, thatā€™s me!

Thereā€™s a couple other forum members that fly there.

If notā€¦welcome anyway! I love your project, that looks super involved.
Yah! How cool! Fire Island crash and burn, nice to meet you smstachwick, I don't make it down every month but you bet I'll be down there soon with my falcon heavy!

Welcome Matt, please share pics and video of the Falcon Heavy - that does sound like a way cool project!
Thanks Huxter! Will do! It's starting to come together, the flight simulations are giving me confidence, but I'll be posting more details and charts to get some input soon. Happy blue sky's y'all

Yah! How cool! Fire Island crash and burn, nice to meet you smstachwick, I don't make it down every month but you bet I'll be down there soon with my falcon heavy!
Hot tip: Turn your phone sideways, youā€™ll see everyoneā€™s signatures that way and get all kinds of cool info. And please, do call me Shane or throw an @ in front of my handle, being addressed as my email account feels all kinds of strange!

I plan to be out there for the 10/14 launch and I may make it to 10/29. Depends on how I feel after Disneyland on that Saturday and whether I have stuff to pick up from the Discount Rocketry trailer.

Currently DART is running a ā€œGeezer TARCā€ competition that Iā€™m building an entry for, so Iā€™m probably going to attend Holtville Havoc (11/4) instead of ROCstock to make the DART launch on the 11/11 deadline.

On any occasion Iā€™d be happy to point out a couple other forum members who fly with us, I find itā€™s always nice to put a face with a handle and profile photo.

Hereā€™s mine (MicroMaxx rocket for scale):

IMG_9337.jpeg

This is what I have so far for the Falcon Heavy Project, all parts have been printed, just need to do the pretty things, functioning pieces are complete. Laser cutting the balsa fins with the falcon logo tomorrow, gunna see if they are sturdy enough after
, FH Cutaway.jpg

sure! I actually took a design from apogee rockets,
just designed it myself to fit my rocket better and 3d printed it. The video will show it better then i can explain it :X

Back