My paint booth project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area66

Reaction score
I start today the construction of a 60” paint booth to be able to paint the rocket any time in the year; I will use acrylic water base paint as much as possible. I already have a 30” fume hood but it’s far too small for rockets, I will also use the hood for apply smelling stuff like bondo. I already have the squirrel fan since a long time; I will just remove the rust. The hood will have a door ( the dot line ) that will fold down , the reason is that I will install a heater inside with an electronic thermostat to make a heat chamber for cure the epoxy .

View attachment 141883

the 1600 CFM Blower

View attachment 141882

my hold small hood

View attachment 141881

the shop ( it will be soon 100% dedicated to rockets ) , it's a 20 x 30 building, but a have a small part with a basement so it bring the working surface to 760 squares feet.

View attachment 141884

Last edited:
Call the police someone make a hole in the wall of my shop

View attachment 141892
View attachment 141893

I finish the fan plate that will hold the fan on the wall around the hole, I have to make a frame in the hole and then I can screw the fan in place , not bad for a project I just wake up with this morning, I have first to remove the peg board and the 3 shelfs ( with the stuff on it ) located where the hood will be

View attachment 141894

the fan is install, the rest will wait as I will order the plywood to make the box at the same time I will redo a floor in the house to save on delivery

View attachment 141896

Very cool! I've been considering putting together a booth of sorts, but using a 10x20 wedding tent :wink:

Keep us updated! This looks very cool.

Braden

Back