3D Printing My first Maker Box

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawndart

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
thanks to a link from Nerys’ YouTube channel I decided to subscribe to Maker Box. My first box came today. A bunch of stickers, a small pack of gummy bears, and samples of 8 different filaments. Lots of different colors and materials.

Two really interesting ones are a pack of Copper Fill from colorFabb (PLA/PHA blended with copper powder. 3x more dense than regular PLA) and a sample of SnoLabs carbon fiber PC+.

I’m going to need to upgrade my nozzle for these. The carbon fiber needs 235-260c and a bed temp of 90-100. My Ender 3 might handle it with a hardened nozzle.

I’m going to need to upgrade my nozzle for these. The carbon fiber needs 235-260c and a bed temp of 90-100. My Ender 3 might handle it with a hardened nozzle.

Also, if you want to print stuff at 250c and above, you'll have to upgrade to an all metal hot end. The stock Ender 3 has the PTFE tube going all the way down to the nozzle. At 250+ PTFE breaks down. You'll burn your tube and more importantly it'll give off toxic fumes.

Seems I have a new hobby - collecting filament samples. Currently, I get Maker Box, Alien UFO box, Profi mini, and 3d Printing Gear box. Occasionally there is something I’m not interested in using, but still very happy with selections (and goodies)

Seems I have a new hobby - collecting filament samples. Currently, I get Maker Box, Alien UFO box, Profi mini, and 3d Printing Gear box. Occasionally there is something I’m not interested in using, but still very happy with selections (and goodies)
I have the same list.

Back