3D Printing My Elegoo Neptune 3 Plus Arrives Next Week!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Kemker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered one back on 11 May 2023 from MatterHackers. Shortly after, I noticed they had updated their projected ship dates to say units ordered before 10 May 2023 would probably ship 20 June 2023. I was one day short...

Today, I was looking at my order history on MatterHackers.com and noticed that it had a FedEx tracking number and is expected to arrive next Tuesday. Yay!

Can't wait until it arrives. Anyone interested in swapping a Creality Ender 3Plus with upgrades (direct extrusion hotend from Creality, updated 32-bit main board and color touchscreen) for either unbuilt kits or motors?

Printed the Port-A-Potty rocket body and fins last night, printing the lid, now. (I could have included the lid when I printed the rest, but I forgot.)

Been on a printing spree with my new printer. Printing the Motor Can for the Pringles Can Honest John, I ran into a spaghetti monster. Tried several things to fix it when I decided to reslice it. Realized I forgot to add supports for the bottom of the motor can. DOH! Can't print in thin air.

Been on a printing spree with my new printer. Printing the Motor Can for the Pringles Can Honest John, I ran into a spaghetti monster. Tried several things to fix it when I decided to reslice it. Realized I forgot to add supports for the bottom of the motor can. DOH! Can't print in thin air.
Two most common causes - Lack fo support and wrong filament.

[snip]
Anyone interested in swapping a Creality Ender 3Plus with upgrades (direct extrusion hotend from Creality, updated 32-bit main board and color touchscreen) for either unbuilt kits or motors? [/snip]

Possibly. . . PM with what kind of stuff you're thinking and rough magnitude of dollars. I have a Form2 resin printer and really don't want a filament printer, but at some point I have to accept that I need to learn/know both for practical work.

And I have too many rockets (I know, blasphemy. . . ). I do have cases, as well, but not many actual reloads, so kits or cases are likely all I could offer.

Two most common causes - Lack fo support and wrong filament.
And, I found out that sometimes, just letting the printer have a break overnight sometimes fixes things.

Currently printing the fins for the Pringles HoJo. Last set of parts for that rocket. Then it's on to printing some parts for the printer (webcam mount) and the tray for my Loki cases.

And, I found out that sometimes, just letting the printer have a break overnight sometimes fixes things.

Currently printing the fins for the Pringles HoJo. Last set of parts for that rocket. Then it's on to printing some parts for the printer (webcam mount) and the tray for my Loki cases.
Is the pringles stuff from thing verse?rrrrringle

Is the pringles stuff from thing verse?rrrrringle
Yep!

I didn't have a regular can, only two party-sized cans, so I cut one of them down to 9 inches. Epoxied the motor can, coupler, and launch lugs. Just waiting another 8-1/2 hours for the fins to finish printing.

Back