MRC rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigone5500

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the company MRC is out of business? I have a Standard ARM missile that the company made and need a part for it. Unfortunately I can't find any info on them. What I need is the D engine mount. This rocket came with 3 types of mounts and the D was by far my favorite. I have attached a launch pic of it before losing the MMT. The launch was on an estes D12-5.

7-9-2006 13.jpg

MRC is still in business but they discontinued their rocket division over ten years sgo. :(

What do the other motor mounts look like? It might not be much trouble to scratch build a 24mm mount that will work with it.

Before all these interchangable mounts became fashionable, I built my Centuri Saturn V with interchangable mounts. One for the 24mm D motors and one for three 18mm C motors. This was back in the 70's with no internet, no NAR magazine, no rocket club, nobody else to bounce ideas off of, and had no idea if it had ever been done before. I was about 12 or 13 years old at the time. Wow...that was a pretty cool thing to accomplish for a kid! Woops...I need to shut my yap...:kill:

I assume all you REALLY need is the plastic "centering ring" since the tube, motor block and motor hook are all still available. I am sure I have some of them... The Standard Arm was my favorite also!

Originally posted by bigone5500
Does anyone know if the company MRC is out of business? I have a Standard ARM missile that the company made and need a part for it. Unfortunately I can't find any info on them. What I need is the D engine mount. This rocket came with 3 types of mounts and the D was by far my favorite. I have attached a launch pic of it before losing the MMT. The launch was on an estes D12-5.

OK, someone posts asking for a part. I respond saying I have the part. I get no response from the original individual. Now someone else has asked for the part and has sent me all of his shipping info... Sorry bigone!

I really liked those kits as well.

I have a Standard ARM, Trailblazer II, Flare Patriot, and a Iron Man built, but haven't flown them recently as they are hanging in a local hobby shop.

I have a few packaged Trailblazer II kits if you're looking to add to your collection.

John

Back