• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MORE...SLIMLINE ADAPTERS 65% off..........More of Ed's stuff

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giantleap

Reaction score
I posted this notice a couple of weeks back. First batch sold out. I have whole a bunch more if you need them. Still available.

Next up is some Slimline 38-to-29mm adapters. As you know, these adapters snap into a 38mm Slimline motor retainer (or aeropac). The adapters have their own 29mm retainer built-in. The adapters come with a 12" long 29mm motor tube, a 29 to 38mm centering ring, plus the rear adapter portion with appropriate retention rings.

HOWEVER, these adapters are specifically for the hobby 29mm aerotech motors like the 29mm 40-120. The rear closures on these motors have a 1/4" thrust ring, which is smaller than on the larger 29mm aerotech motors. Larger 29mm motors (29mm 60ns and up) cannot be retained by these adapters. These adapters will fit any 38mm Slimline or Aeropac retainer.

Regular price $25.20...........Sale price $9.50 (heck motor tube and centering ring alone are about $6 retail).

Shipping is $6.00 total for any quantity of adapters shipped within the continental u.s. (pictured is the 54 to 38mm adapter, but you get the idea). I have 10 or 20 of these things.

slimlineAdapter1.jpg

slimlineAdapter2.jpg

Last edited:
PM sent.
I already have a Slimline 38-to-29mm adapter but mine will do both Hobby line and High power. This will allow me to dedicate that one to High power only.

PM sent, if you have any left I would definitely be interested in one. Love the Slimline classics - mine still seem to even work for Loki - I know they're not supposed to but they worked at Red Glare.....go figure.

Tom Brogan

I posted this notice a couple of weeks back. First batch sold out. I have whole a bunch more if you need them. Still available.

thanks,

Ed
Giant Leap Rocketry, Inc.

Got mine yesterday and put it together. It seems to fit the CTI Pro29 aft retainer as well. Wish I had bought two.

Kevin

Got mine yesterday and put it together. It seems to fit the CTI Pro29 aft retainer as well. Wish I had bought two.

Kevin
You are correct sir! Just looked it up to be sure and these are High Power capable! :cool: :clap:
Ed this gives you an additional group to market these to.

If one has a metal lathe, you can machine off the inner "lip" that overhangs the motor tube and constrains depth. Then, by adjusting how far the collar engages the 29mm tube, you can fit whatever motor your want. This would, however, allow the motor to bear against the 29mm motor tube and makes your tube-to-aluminum joint much more important.

Wow, that's a lot of work. I cut the adapter tube down so my 29/180 case extends about 1/2" past the motor tube. A few wraps of tape around the motor and you have a block on the inside.

If one has a metal lathe, you can machine off the inner "lip" that overhangs the motor tube and constrains depth. Then, by adjusting how far the collar engages the 29mm tube, you can fit whatever motor your want. This would, however, allow the motor to bear against the 29mm motor tube and makes your tube-to-aluminum joint much more important.

Wow, that's a lot of work. I cut the adapter tube down so my 29/180 case extends about 1/2" past the motor tube. A few wraps of tape around the motor and you have a block on the inside.

We're talking 2 minutes on a lathe with a boring bar. The section to remove is about 1/16" wide, by about 3/32" deep.

If you have a lathe, it's no problem at all.

Once it's removed, apply JB to tube, install your 29mm HPR motor, and slide the retainer over the motor with the snap ring in place. It's simple.

Back