More new kits from Estes!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't an Interceptor based on the Cosmic Interceptor (2" tube) basically be the already-produced Interceptor E? Obviously with a 29mm mount instead. Too bad Estes seems to be phasing out models that use the 2.5" PS2 tube; that's a size I'd love to see more availability of.

Wouldn't an Interceptor based on the Cosmic Interceptor (2" tube) basically be the already-produced Interceptor E? Obviously with a 29mm mount instead. Too bad Estes seems to be phasing out models that use the 2.5" PS2 tube; that's a size I'd love to see more availability of.

2.5/BT-80/2.56/2.6 is the best sized rocket material hands down. Light enough to not need crazy motors, and big enough to see at apogee.

I have never seen an interceptor E before. I knew the Interceptor was BT-55 so I kinda assumed the E would have been BT-60.

The Interceptor-E was the reason that the Cosmic Interceptor & Trajector have their nose cone. Estes tooled the upscale cone for the 2" tube for the -E, then used it in a few other places later. I picked up the Interceptor-E when they were current, but haven't built it. I've since picked up a couple of the sale-priced Cosmic Interceptors just so I can upscale the Vindicator and maybe the USS Pleiades (which might make an interesting 3-1 two-stage)...

Estes website still shows the Saturn V as a "late July arrival". Today is the last business day in July...

Well, its already slipped from June to July. I would guess late summer or even fall is more realistic if they're having difficulty bringing some of the unique parts online...

Back