Mock 10(upscale Mach 10) for R/C flight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my second prototype showing the stickershock decals for the US version and also the original soviet version.

The maiden flights from this morning. This version is also 5 oz rtf using 18mm D2.3T rocket motors, 23" wingspan, 17" long and 2.6" diameter. Nothing ejects from the model and the horizontal tail was altered to be level to the wing since I can control pitch with the elevons, and the wing is moved forward slightly which helps yaw stability/CG without requiring any nose weight.

IMG_20210709_160157776_2.jpg

Nice Frank!!!! When I get done doing road trips for work and have some home time I’ll order me one. I still have to finish installation on two that I have up to radio installation 🥴 the F-14 and 18mm Orbiter Transport once those are done I’ll start on the YF-12😃👍

Hey Frank got my Mock 10 yesterday and I had assembled in 15min minuses paint waiting on decals that’s a RG hopefully I stay in town this week and get some launches under my belt😂 let you know how goes😂👍

yeah, it goes together quick, looking forward to seeing your completed model.

Hey Frank got my Mock 10 yesterday and I had assembled in 15min minuses paint waiting on decals that’s a RG hopefully I stay in town this week and get some launches under my belt😂 let you know how goes😂👍

Ok gents the flights on the Mach 10 by Dyanasoar Rocketry. The first flight was your normal trim flight, I had boost trim at -30% and had to turn it down to -15% that gave me a true vertical boost off the rail did a 20 degree push right before apogee glide mode was 20% on first flight and turn it down to 15% worked great! It’s not an endurance type RG but is very fun trying do rolls,and Split S maneuvers 😂 I would fly that easily school baseball field. Also this little gem is very quick to assemble,I had it all framed up in 15min. Not including electronics installed. If there is some wind most likely have some better endurance flights. Winds today calm maybe occasionally 3kts NE. Carolina BLUE SKIES 😃👍

Back