Missileworks issue RRC3+

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew_ASC

UTC SEDS 2017 3rd/ SEDS 2018 1st
Reaction score
So I got playing with this unit on Saturday. Am at work so can not update right away. Basically I was able to connect to Host and write settings to it as backup dual deploy altimeter main at 700 ft, arming at 300 ft and drogue at apogee plus two seconds. However many times it would fail to connect to host and require unplugging battery then unplugging dongle then plugging battery back in with dongle off then switching dongle on. It sure isn’t as easy or reliable on connection as an Altus Telemini imo. I am using a Duracell 9V and a apogee Rockets 9v connector. This was a new 9V battery.

Anyways into the RRC3 issue. On diagnostics after connecting to host it wasn’t displaying a pressure in real time. The settings seem to read write fine. I am worried this behavior is unusual and not dependable for flight??? Is diagnostic page suppose to downlink pressure in real time when the altimeter has dongle connected to com port, com port selected in software? It read zero. This is concerning. I thought it would read near 14.7 psi??? Maybe it’s reading atm and not psi. Idk. Temp was 68 Fahrenheit.

I should probably put it in a ziplock bag and then vac cleaner test it in diagnostic.

So I got playing with this unit on Saturday. Am at work so can not update right away. Basically I was able to connect to Host and write settings to it as backup dual deploy altimeter main at 700 ft, arming at 300 ft and drogue at apogee plus two seconds. However many times it would fail to connect to host and require unplugging battery then unplugging dongle then plugging battery back in with dongle off then switching dongle on. It sure isn’t as easy or reliable on connection as an Altus Telemini imo. I am using a Duracell 9V and a apogee Rockets 9v connector. This was a new 9V battery.

Anyways into the RRC3 issue. On diagnostics after connecting to host it wasn’t displaying a pressure in real time. The settings seem to read write fine. I am worried this behavior is unusual and not dependable for flight??? Is diagnostic page suppose to downlink pressure in real time when the altimeter has dongle connected to com port, com port selected in software? It read zero. This is concerning. I thought it would read near 14.7 psi??? Maybe it’s reading atm and not psi. Idk. Temp was 68 Fahrenheit.

In order for Win 10 laptop to reliably connect to my RRC3 I had to run the software in Win8.1 compatability mode. Go figure.o_O

Never had issues with win10 & rrc3. The biggest issue was the sequence in which you need to follow to communicate. Then you have 15 seconds to complete connection or it times out.

7D0BABB4-2734-4163-A7BA-B2FB23228ECF.jpeg Win 8 compatible mode plus plug battery in right so it beeps on start up. Now it reads 14.5 psi. Now all the diagnostics are reading fine. God I thought I had it on plus and didn’t. The apogee connector wasn’t labeled plus or minus.

9099EFB4-3855-4B40-AED4-FA1B7A44C28B.jpeg Maybe this will help someone in future. It’ll beep on start up when done right.

Back