Miniature Painting Service

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jqavins

Слава Україні
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know a reasonably priced service for painting gaming miniatures? I only have one I want painted* and it's not a skill I'm interested in acquiring, requiring tools and materials I'm not interested in acquiring, and involving hand-eye coordination that I don't have.

* Actually, I don't have it, but just ordered it from Xometry.
Thom Level 045.jpg

Do you have a FLGS close by, or that you frequent for purchases or games? That's usually a hot spot for locals and an easy judge on if you'll get what you want.

I've painted a few miniatures for board games, but that is well beyond my capabilities. How big is it?

I've painted a few miniatures for board games, but that is well beyond my capabilities. How big is it?
I really am not asking anyone to do it for me. He's a little under two inches tall.

Do you have a FLGS close by, or that you frequent for purchases or games? That's usually a hot spot for locals and an easy judge on if you'll get what you want.
That would be F?????? Local Gaming Store? I have one not too far away. Good idea to ask there, thanks.

I've painted miniatures for other people for $25 a pop, but I am "pretty good" and definitely not "amazing" and do not attempt to paint eyes. I've linked some previously-posted samples of my painting work. If it's good enough for you I can do it for $25 + cost of shipping the miniature back to you.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...stead-of-rocketry.147975/page-54#post-2041445
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/the-nerd-pride-thread.173314/page-3#post-2291092
Like I said, really not what I meant to ask, but wow! I'd call those more than "pretty good". I'll probably take you up on that, but I'll ask at the Fershluginer Local Gaming Store first.

There are painters available for hire, as has been mentioned, but the average person grossly underestimates the true cost. A very simple paint job can be completed in under an hour per miniature. The cost to paint and send even ten miniatures for a game can easily exceed $200.

Last edited:
There are painters available for hire, as has been mentioned, but the average person grossly underestimates the true cost. A very simple paint job can be completed in under an hour per miniature. The cost to paint and send even ten miniatures for a game can easily exceed $200.
I'm looking to have one done, not a bunch. And yes, I expect to pay more than twenty bucks.

You might have some luck with this listing of people who do commission painting:

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/612233.page
But yes, I would start at local game stores/comic stores and see what the locals are able to do for you. I don't know what pricing would be like, but I wouldn't expect a decent quality mini paintjob for less than $20-30 minimum.

I paint miniatures for my own gaming, but I'm far from an expert. I consider myself an slightly above average painter, but I have only started doing 28-30mm figures for Halo skirmish gaming.

Back