Mini Paper Blue Bird Zero

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne does great builds for sure. He flew a paper V-2 at the last launch and it was pretty cool to say the least.

Bob obviously hit a great 'nerve' with the BBZ and it is one I hope to build soon.

Thanks to both Wayne and Bob for making this available for us to build!

Sandy.

BBZ AND a Sentinel!!

That's sliced bread AND Bologna!! :D

Thanks again Bob for the link!
I always liked the Sentinel also. Unfortunately, it's light and goes real high on an A3-4T so I don't have one any more.

I started making these a few years back just for something that I didn't have to paint and, because I had gotten a couple of packs of BT-5 size nose cones, it seemed like a perfect size.

I was just making them for myself, which is why the instructions are so minimal to non-existant, but people kept asking where they could get one and I would email them out.

Then, Wayne offered to host them on his site so you have him to thank.

I wasn't a real fan of the Blue Bird Zero until just recently. I have seen a few of them over the last year and it kind of grows on you so I decided to make one. I no sooner send it to Wayne and he has one all built the same day.

....and on that note I am pleased to announce another of Bob's Mini Goonies is now up on the page. The Mini V1.
Bob - I'm all out of nose cones! Just had to order more.

as always here is the link

V1_small.jpg

Awesome looking BBZ Wayne, I have to try one of these paper jobs. Looks like fun.

While 1/2" wooden dowels come out pretty close most of the time in the .51" range generally I've found we can't really get closer on most other sizes. I use 20,30 and 36 inch long sections as tube cutting mandrels as well as body forms for paper tiger and other paper models. Of 18 and 24mm motor models I drive a 1/2 and 3/4" dowel thru a series of spent motor casings, CA soak the lenth, then sand to fit. Once done, and it does take a little time;) they last for years and years. as the CA soak stabilizes the paper preventing much expansion/contraction due to temp and humidity:)

Micro is so careful and builds to last forever. I usually don't plan that far ahead. :p My 18mm mandrel is more of a quick and dirty version. I pulled the nozzles and clay out of both ends of some spent 18mm motors and glued them together using spent 13mm motors in between. It has worked good to roll 18mm paper rockets and the only cost was some white glue and some sooty fingers.

Back