Memorial Day 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o1d_dude

'I battle gravity'
Reaction score
img1.jpg

Craig Pettit, Class of '65
Keith Knutson, Class of '66
Dennis Tuller, Class of '66

I did not forget you, my brothers in arms.

The Central Route of the Run for the Wall stopped at the hotel where I am staying. Did a web search when I came to work, that is a great thing they are doing.
Thanks for your service OD and any others here who were part of that dark spot in history.

As you enjoy today please take time to reflect on the cost of freedom. Remember the men and women who paid that price for you and me.

Freedom is not free. Even those who are blessed to have survived have given time. If you see a veteran or active duty, thank them.

Thanks for those who are serving and have served. I found this old pic of me and my crew. I was 21 years at the time and not long after this picture this gun witch I loved to shoot became obsolete and we were issued the TOW missile.

IMG_20140526_123219_231.jpg

My hat is off to all who have laid down their lives in service to their country. I am living the legacy that they gave to me, and I do not take it lightly. May we never, ever forget. :(

Thanks for those who are serving and have served. I found this old pic of me and my crew. I was 21 years at the time and not long after this picture this gun witch I loved to shoot became obsolete and we were issued the TOW missile.

Looks like a Jeep-mounted 57mm recoilless rifle, yes?

Tankers always said "Put HE on the point of the smoke cone!"

Also, I want to bring up something that is rarely raised:
In the last decade, more people in the armed forces have died from suicide than combat.

Back