Meet SPIKE!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planet Andy

Reaction score
Hey gang,

A funny thing happenned while various component assemblys for my Farscape were drying. Yes he began as a mild mannered Estes "Hi Flyer" but after receiving a wrap of leftover holiday paper he became SPIKE!. Don't forget the exclamation point! SPIKE! BTW we bought the paper from my nephew's school and I knew it would cover a rocket or two when we ordered it!

Happy New Year All!

Andy
spike.jpg

Andy:
very nicely done! Great color combination. I saved two different dia. Wrapping paper tubes for another Christmas Holiday Odd-roc, but haven't even given it serious thought yet. been working on Non-rocket micro stuff..Z-scale trains:D
Great looking model

kewl, but one problem.....

you effectively camoflaged it for being in the blue, partially cloudy sky..... :D

Originally posted by Micromeister

very nicely done! Great color combination

Thank You Micro ...

Originally posted by jflis
kewl, but one problem.....
you effectively camoflaged it for being in the blue, partially cloudy sky.....

Thanks Jim, That occurred to me...however, SPIKE! is very sparkly in 3D, he's got that red streamer for recovery and with conservative motor selection oughtta return just fine. My bigger concern is the paper shredding off on the way up but it is sealed on pretty nicely with Ayleen's...
....Rutro...I'm planning on posting my Stingray by the end of 1/2 (today). While it does retain a decent amount of black in it's base coat, I authorized our special detail department (Mrs. planet andy) to effectively camoflage that for being in the blue, partially cloudy sky as well...and it looks great! Hey they spend lots more time on display than in the air.

Andy

Back