MDRA ESL Launch #205 July 11-12. Who's coming and whatcha brining?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
I'll be there Saturday with my RW X-Celerator, brand new MAC Perf Scorpion, old stand-by G-Force, and I may just bring my brand new MDRM and fly it naked.

I also may LCO a bit, if asked. Unless I totally sucked last time, in which case someone better tell me ASAP! :duck:

Would like to attend but a little far of a drive for me. :(

I'm coming Saturday with the finless Inductor, the almost finless Saturn V SA-666, a 3xF15+2xD12 rack rocket, the Centaurus clone, the NCR Archer clone, a 4" tubefin and a Thoy Snipe. There will be a few other smaller UFO-like objects in case there is time.

PS - if you pushed the button, you didn't suck at LCOing.

I will be there with my Torrent, a couple of my 38mm fiberglass rockets, and my QCC Explorer. If Bill gets his printer tweaked I may have the first 54mm fly-away rail guides to test on his rocket no less.

I will be there with my Torrent, a couple of my 38mm fiberglass rockets, and my QCC Explorer. If Bill gets his printer tweaked I may have the first 54mm fly-away rail guides to test on his rocket no less.

Cool.

I'll be there Saturday with my usual fleet. I'm building a fiberglass Frenzy XL but it won't be finished for at least another month. Have been working on the @$&#% internal fillets for days. There must be a better way to do this.

Very cool you guys..
Have a wonderful time
And be safe....

Teddy

I will be attending my Masonic Lodge Family Day Picnic on Saturday, but I will be there on Sunday
Flying as many of the "G" motors as I can that have been sitting in my motor box for months and months
Also picking up my L3 project parts from AMW! 10ft of 6" FG, 98mm powered.
And if she can get it finished (I'll be pushing her this week!), Hollie will be making her MDRA debut with her MDRM.

MDRA and MDRM -- a classic combo. :grin:

Weather looks to be perfect both days. 0% chance of precip, winds 5 mph, clouds at upwards of 12,000 feet. 88 Sat and 90 Sun for the high. Hot, but excellent flight conditions!

I will be attending my Masonic Lodge Family Day Picnic on Saturday, but I will be there on Sunday
Flying as many of the "G" motors as I can that have been sitting in my motor box for months and months
Also picking up my L3 project parts from AMW! 10ft of 6" FG, 98mm powered.
And if she can get it finished (I'll be pushing her this week!), Hollie will be making her MDRA debut with her MDRM.

That's great Dave,,
You're fortunate that she wants to fly...
Good luck with everything...

Teddy

Will be there Saturday... Group test of a new propellant tweak with Jerry O'Sullivan and perhaps Al Anderson, a static 38mm followed by a 38mm flight in a 4" and a 75mm 4500 case static test. Propellant is a mild white. We're assuming nobody is dying to fly a little M at that field? Big heavy rocket would be required.

If someone wants to pay something reasonable for it, I have a CTI M3100-WT (76mm) that I need to part with as I don't fly commercial. Let me know and I'll bring it. I was going to use it for my L3 a few years back but used a different motor. It should go to a good experienced home for a short energetic life!

Gerald

PS - Time and conditions permitting, I may fly 38mm EX AntiMetal in a heavy 2", but only if conditions are very good. AntiMetal has no smoke trail and has an almost invisible flame but is really loud and fast.

Last edited:
Tom Cohen or one of the Level 3 guys might be interested. We had some low and slow M motor flights last month.

Thinking about changing my plans too. If for no other reason to keep rockets and the dog out of puddles. Probably won't be bad but Sunday does look better.

We had a great day of flying and static testing at the sod farm today. The clouds vanished by 9:00 and the winds died for a great day. We static tested 2-38/740, a 54/2800 and a 152/25000. All were successful. The O definitely dwarfed the other tests. Nothing like seeing a 6" motor burn for about 7 seconds while sitting on the ground! Hope you have a great day tomorrow as well.

Sweet, the weather was great on the weatern shore also. What capped my decision to blow the day off was an invite to a carnival and fireworks!

Saturday was one of my best launch days ever. My X-Celerator went to 2675' on a J1520. My brand new MAC Performance Scorpion went to somewhere around 2300' on an I236. My Leviathan went an estimated 1100' on an H90, and my G-Force about 800' on an Economax G74.

As other reported, it was clear and sunny, and there weren't too many fliers, so the pads were open

Each of my kids got to fly an Estes Skywriter on a C6-7, but on the second launch we lost it in the bean field.

Both of my dual deployments were perfect. X-Celerator had mains at 500', and the Scorpion at 300'.

My only regret was that I tried to snap a blast-off picture of the Scorpion, and thus missed the flight almost entirely. I saw it leave the pad, and I saw the main deploy. But I missed apogee. :facepalm:

Hey,, that really sounds great you guys..
I'm glad you had a nice day at the field..
John,,
That sure is the truth,,,
When you trying to get some good pics it's really easy to miss watching the flight..,

Teddy

Conditions were nice on Sunday.

Static tests of the 38 and then the 75 slow burns testing a formula tweak for Jerry's and Mitch's Black Rock project went perfectly. Mission accomplished!

The flight of the duplicate four grain 38 in Mitch's rocket didn't happen. No beeps from one of the altimeters at the pad... Oh well. Jerry and I didn't want to tear into Mitch's packing job to get at the ebay.

Bill's flight test for his Black Rock project went fairly well, with it landing right beside his car! Talk about convenience... A little rod whip angled it a bit or it likely would have landed by the pad.

There were no takers for my offered deal on CTI M3100WT for 225, and no takers on the offer of the duplicate 38mm to the static motor for a free flight. Oh well.

Gerald

Back