Madness - Love Struck

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Finally got this project finished ... It's been sitting around now for quite a while ... The name is from the 80's band Madness, who sung a song called 'Love Struck'. Here's some specs :

Airframe : 2.15" PML Phenolic
Nosecone : PML 2.15" Nosecone
Length : 68.3mm
Motor Mount : 29mm
Fins : Taken from the Lil Nuke LOC kit .... Aircraft Ply
Retainment : Should be a custom made standard Rowes.

It's basically a Lil Nuke, just a tad shorter and stronger. To finish it, I used 4 coats of Halfords Flat White Primer, with the usual sanding ...

Found the colour I wanted in Halfords' colour chart book (It was found on a Land Rover!), they mixed me the paint and I put on 5 Coats of that on. To finish off the already glass like finish, I put on 5 coats of Clear Lacquer.

Anyway, Pic time!

Karl,
Is this the same band who did " our house in the middle of the street" ? Very cool rocket and I love the color.

Originally posted by JSvolfan
Karl,
Is this the same band who did " our house in the middle of the street" ? Very cool rocket and I love the color.

Yeah, I think it is.

Looks more like it's going "One Step Beyond" the stratosphere!

Wow, that was scary. When I saw the subject of the thread I thought you were going to say you were giving up rockets for a girlfriend ..... :)

Originally posted by wilsotr
Wow, that was scary. When I saw the subject of the thread I thought you were going to say you were giving up rockets for a girlfriend ..... :)

When I first saw the title I thought "It must be love".

Latest posts

Back