• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Madcow 4" Nike Apache NIB

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxQ

Tripoli 2747
Reaction score
This is a NIB (and as far as I can tell out of production) kit which I won't get around to building, so it has to go.
Nicest fiber glassing I've ever seen.
Multistage capable with 54mm MMT in booster, 29mm MMT in sustainer.

$185 - Buyer pays shipping, PayPal preferred.

Attachments

• MadCow 4 inch Nike Apache kit.jpg
    MadCow 4 inch Nike Apache kit.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Madcow 4 inch Nike Apache parts diagram.jpg
    Madcow 4 inch Nike Apache parts diagram.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 2
This is a NIB (and as far as I can tell out of production) kit which I won't get around to building, so it has to go.

For those wondering what it looks like, this is mine. I have it set for single stage flight but it's a lot of fun that way, too.Screenshot_20231216_104757_Gallery.jpg

PM sent :)

Think I have a box......so next step is taking to UPS when they open again - to verify shipping cost for further discussion.
Interested parties are noted as posted.

Think I have a box......so next step is taking to UPS when they open again - to verify shipping cost for further discussion.
Interested parties are noted as posted.
Go to pirateship.com and open an account, it's free and easy. Once you have your account, enter shipping address and then box dimensions and weight. It will give you options, UPS and USPS. Choose the one you want and buy the label using PPal or a card, print it and stick it on your boxed kit. Drop it off at UPS or a UPS store and you're done for a lot less money than you would pay them directly. For me to ship a 48 x 8 x 8 box weighing 15 lbs. to Oregon from Georgia is under $32 using pirate ship.

Last edited:
Go to pirateship.com and open an account, it's free and easy. Once you have your account, enter shipping address and then box dimensions and weight. It will give you options, UPS and USPS. Choose the one you want and buy the label using PPal or a card, print it and stick it on your boxed kit. Drop it off at UPS or a UPS store and you're done for a lot less money than you would pay them directly. For me to ship a 48 x 8 x 8 box weighing 15 lbs. to Oregon from Georgia is under $32 using pirate ship.
Sold a bunch of kits this year, usually went directly to both UPS and USPS with the box (since they are close together in my town)....to compare shipping rates.

UPS usually beat USPS ......(just don't wrap the box in brown shipping paper like I did recently as UPS raised the amount some ridiculous amount -like another $40, as they said it had to go on a different conveyor system - guess to keep the sorter from ripping off the paper and the address).

USPS has been not to good a service in my area recently ....a seller paid extra for priority delivery to me and it took two weeks...when the seller complained they told him "delivery date was not guaranteed".

So how does Pirateship save you money?
Some discount arrangement with both UPS and USPS ?

Yes, they apparently have a highly discounted commercial rate. You can go and check rates without buying a label, it's pretty amazing how much they save you. It also makes it easy for me to buy something with buyer paid shipping. If I was buying one of your kits for example, you would prep the box and give me the dims and weight. I open my pirate ship account and buy a label from your address to mine. Email label to you to print and stick on box. All you have to do is drop it off at the shipper, none of your time wasted checking rates and I know I got a good deal on shipping.

Yes, they apparently have a highly discounted commercial rate. You can go and check rates without buying a label, it's pretty amazing how much they save you. It also makes it easy for me to buy something with buyer paid shipping. If I was buying one of your kits for example, you would prep the box and give me the dims and weight. I open my pirate ship account and buy a label from your address to mine. Email label to you to print and stick on box. All you have to do is drop it off at the shipper, none of your time wasted checking rates and I know I got a good deal on shipping.
Thanks...do you have to be a "business" to use it?

I've done the same with the usps click and ship online.. use box dimensions and weight, to and from address then you pay and get a pdf label to print and tape on the box.. saves a ton of time at the post office. I haven't used the pirateship yet..

Sold a bunch of kits this year, usually went directly to both UPS and USPS with the box (since they are close together in my town)....to compare shipping rates.

UPS usually beat USPS ......(just don't wrap the box in brown shipping paper like I did recently as UPS raised the amount some ridiculous amount -like another $40, as they said it had to go on a different conveyor system - guess to keep the sorter from ripping off the paper and the address).

USPS has been not to good a service in my area recently ....a seller paid extra for priority delivery to me and it took two weeks...when the seller complained they told him "delivery date was not guaranteed".

So how does Pirateship save you money?
Some discount arrangement with both UPS and USPS ?
Yes, Pirate Ship gets special rates. Of course, you'll need a scale. Do an experiment. Take a package to ups and see what they'll charge, then run it on Pirate Ship. You'll see the cost savings.

Back