Madcow 4" AV-bay weight?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCrocketfan

Reaction score
Anyone know how much a Madcow 4" cardboard AV-bay weighs? The weight with electronics is fine, if you know the rough weight of the electronics, I'm just trying to get an estimate of the max weight.

Thanks!
-SC

If you're looking to put a weight on it for OR or RockSim I usually use 1/2 lb for the sled, batteries, electronics, and threaded rods to get close. 1 lb for a 4" bay with cardboard tubes. I refine that after the build is far enough along. That is a ruff guestimate.

If you're looking to put a weight on it for OR or RockSim I usually use 1/2 lb for the sled, batteries, electronics, and threaded rods to get close. 1 lb for a 4" bay with cardboard tubes. I refine that after the build is far enough along. That is a ruff guestimate.

Thanks, I was looking for a weight for Rocksim. I think that makes sense, I can guesstimate around 8 oz more than it currently weighs, since the payload bay it has includes a heavy coupler and bulkhead.

Mine is 1 lb, 2 oz.

That includes all the hardware that came with the kit, one 9V battery, Stratologger SL100, two white terminal strips and a couple of copper end caps for charge wells (I think they're 1/2").

Mine is 1 lb, 2 oz.

That includes all the hardware that came with the kit, one 9V battery, Stratologger SL100, two white terminal strips and a couple of copper end caps for charge wells (I think they're 1/2").

Thanks much! Since the eyebolt/bulkhead/coupler are also the same type as the payload section currently on the rocket (a Frenzy) the increase will probably be less than 1 lb.

Last edited:
Mine is 1 pound 10 ounces. All the included hardware, Eggtimer, Eggtimer TRS, 4 800mah lipos, 2 terminal strips, two 1/8" headphone jacks, some wiring, and some short length of brass tubing.

Right along with everyone elses:
All included hardware, RRC3, wiring, 9v batt, terminals, rotary switch, and blast caps:
1lb 2oz.

Thanks! Surprisingly, the extra weight only decreases altitudes on I motors by 200-300 feet.

Back