Looking for a flying field

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakota196

Reaction score
I’m located out on Whidbey Island, Wa and since the Naval Station is located here, and the possibility of flying over 500 ft, is not going to happen. I fly drones and I can’t go over 500 and only in certain areas. I’m looking for an area somewhere that I can fly LPR stuff to at least 1000 - 1500’. Maybe out on the mainland. It’s too far to go Seattle to fly more than one weekend a month, and maybe only every other month. Closer and I could fly more. Lots of fields out in Skagit Valley, but this time of year they are full of crops and tulips. Any help or ideas?

Google up to see if there are any sod farms in your area. Visit them and ask if there's a small section you could use.

I’m located out on Whidbey Island, Wa and since the Naval Station is located here, and the possibility of flying over 500 ft, is not going to happen. I fly drones and I can’t go over 500 and only in certain areas. I’m looking for an area somewhere that I can fly LPR stuff to at least 1000 - 1500’. Maybe out on the mainland. It’s too far to go Seattle to fly more than one weekend a month, and maybe only every other month. Closer and I could fly more. Lots of fields out in Skagit Valley, but this time of year they are full of crops and tulips. Any help or ideas?
Kasch Park Athletic Complex in Everett, is a 60-acre park which features a 4-diamond baseball complex, plus little league & soccer fields. Such fields in general may facilitate launches to ~1500', local regulations permitting. There are probably several such fields between Seattle and Canada. Success on such fields is pretty easy if you can motivate yourself to arrive before even the dogwalkers at the 8 AM hour - and seek forgiveness before permission. Bring some Estes catalogs and your NAR license to impress kids or adults who show up to spectate.

Favorite quote:
"Proper preparation prevents piss-poor performance."
- Roger Penske

Back