"Long Endeavour" I211w for L1 Cert Maybe?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talkin Monkey

Reaction score
Been playing with RocSim and think I have it darn close to what I'm building downstairs. Sims out pretty righteous on an AT I211W DD with 1400' apogee and 500" main, comes right back home in 5~7 mph winds.

Seems to me like a good motor for my eventual L1 cert flight at Bong,WI. Any input, advice, suggestions or criticism would be greatly appreciated. Will continue build accordingly.

Thanks,
Scott

Here's the RocSim file.

View attachment Long Endeavour.rkt

Looks pretty righteous to me! :D

For grins I threw an L1500 in there and it went to 10k!:lol: Busted mach too BTW..

I see you are using the Kwick switch motor mount. This really limits your motor choices even if you get the extended version.:(
If it was me, and it's not, I would use a long 54mm mount. To adapt down to 38 you can get a Slimline or Aero pac adaptor. That way you can fly Nitrous or any of the long AT, AMW or CTI motors.:D
I have flown mine on a Cesaroni L-730 to over 9k ft.
Here is a picture and the RocSim file

Endeavour stretch L-730b.jpg

View attachment EndeavourDDTCLONG.rkt

Thanks Guys,

A little late for a longer MMT on this one but I think I'll go that route on my next build. Just makes sense to me. Think I'll "tail cone" the next one as well.:D

Why the need for another tube, just use a longer coupler.
The stock Endeavor is long enough, too long & it might start to cone.

JD

Just got Modern High Power Rocketry 2 at my door step a few hours ago and have already modified my alt bay design. This book rocks! Highly recommended!:cool: Once again, Kudos to Tim and folks at Apogee for fast attentive service and some goodies in the box to boot!:D

...N'uff Sed...

Want to put a 1" or so band of QT @ the center of my Psyco Aluminum Alt Sled&Can/Coupler to mount switches/operationial status LED's and static port holes (saw this in the book and it answered some technical issues I've been thinking about).

This will involve whacking a portion off of the 36" QT Motor/Fin Airframe to get the 1" or so band/exterior switch mount for the Alt-Bay/Coupler.

Once said QT "Whack" technique is established, should I keep going and continue to shorten up the 36" Motor/Fin Airframe to diminish its over-all over stability(> 6.92 as is)?

I kinda like the impressivness of this rockets' height and looks but don't want to sacrifice flight-reliability to ego.

...Opinions?...:D

Scott

...Once again...

View attachment Long Endeavour.rkt

Back