LiPo Chargers for 1S and 2S

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm wading into the world of LiPo batteries for GPS and altimeters, so I need to get a good charger for 1S and 2S cells. Recommendations? Also, will I need a different one for launch site vs workshop?

I use a Venom Pro2 from the local chain battery store. It can take a 12V input (clips on to a car battery), or household AC. status. LCD status screen shows you plenty of info-charge rate, battery voltage, charge progress, battery type, charging time (IIRC). It came with most any connector you'd need and charges all sorts of chemistries, too.

https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Charger-Discharger-Connector-Alligator/dp/B08MMY2ZGM

As already stated, in RC cars we've been using any of the B6 variants for over a decade now, it's essentially the budget standard by which all others are measured, cheap, effective, and easy to use.

Whatever you get, I would strongly recommend that you get one that's AC/DC. That allows you to use it at home to charge your batteries beforehand, and also charge batteries out in the field.

Something else that's handy out in the field is one of those 12V power packs, especially the ones with a little compressor in them. Besides charging your flight batteries, you can also charge your phone, jump your car if you leave something on, and inflate tires, air mattresses, etc.

I had a dc only charger that could balance charge up to 4S. I've since bought the SkyRC Imax B6AC charger that can use both AC and DC, balance charge up to 6S batteries of various chemistries and also discharge to storage levels when needed. I have an old car starter I use for 12V in the field. There are much better, smaller, powerful, and feature rich car starter models out now.

Back