Liftoff weight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Hi, my mountainside hobbie V2 weighs about 100 grams more than the reccomended liftoff weight for the G64. I have slightly over-exaggerated the weight of the motor, and some of the nose weight, but i am still concerend. will this be too much wieght for the motor to handle? thanks.

This is where it is real important to know the actual weight of your rocket... not a guess, not what Mountainside says it should weigh.

The actual weight of the one you built.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to AeroTech the G64-4W = 151g and they recommend a max liftoff weight of 1247g.

That equals a max dry kit weight of 1247g-151g=1096g

If your V2 is more than 1096g without the motor... then you might be taking a chance according to AT.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really up to you... It might fly fine on the G64, or it might do a scale landing.

Sometimes it's fun to take a chance, and other times safe over sorry is better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. Got any pictures of your V2? That Mountainside kit looks really neat!

Neat, but they cost a lot o $$$$. I will have pictures soon. I think I will wait untill I have my 29MM HPR hardware, and fly it on some redlines. it weighs about 1179 grams according to my brand spankin new digital scale. I do not want a scale landing, even though I know it would entertain the people at the club launch. I will go with HPR. just seems safer. Now I can decide what to do with all the G64s I bought. Good for trading with Doug, but also fun flying in my Forte.... maybe half-and -half. who knows.

get a G80....my local hobby shop has one if you want me to grab it.

I have a G104...might be a better motor

I have some redlines but you might need to do some pursuading to get them

You have REDLINES!!!!! what size???? How much persuading do I have to do??? I know where to get a G80T (I think), but if that G80 is a Fast White Lightning, I would definetly want you to snag it and bring it to the next launch. sounds good to me. if it is a FWL, how much do you want for it??

its just a G80T

The Redline is a H165...perfect size for your V2

If only I had a case for it :mad: my dad does not want to spend any more money on rocketry right now. And he does not let me borrow cases from people.:mad: GRRRRRRR I guess I will just have to get my own case and loads....

Thats too bad I will let anyone borrow my cases if they want to

just need them back ;)

looks like I will nee to fly it

Hope to see you guys at the launch....I am gonna try to make it

Back