Lego’s New 9,090-Piece Titanic Set Is Now the Largest Model Ever Created

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite sold out: "Pre-orders closed, limited quantity available for backorder starting 11/8." And they can "Notify when in stock". Maybe they're being careful with production numbers because no one wants to keep a large box like this on store shelves for years.

I figure it’ll be on Amazon in a couple of days for $900.00… 🙄

I figure it’ll be on Amazon in a couple of days for $900.00… 🙄
Lego prices on Amazon are nuts! I tried to sell some myself but I couldn't because only bigger sellers meet the criteria. This weeds out occasional sellers like me and causes pricing spikes. 😕

Here's one on Bricklink (a large second hand Lego market, that was once independent, but Lego owns it now in the shadows). I assume it's from a scalper:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=10294-1&name=Titanic&category=[Sculptures]#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

Expensive but likely because Lego still hasn't produced the entire run. Should go down eventually. Once someone is bored with a set they can sell it much easier on Bricklink.

Last edited:
I haven't played with lego's in over 50 years.
I have no intention on starting again now.
Static models to me are just maintenance.
You just look at it for reward of your work, and an endless journey to keep the dust off of it.
Well, put a j motor in it, a big ring fin, maybe with an iceberg motif, and if it re-kits itself you have the joy of rebuilding it…….

Last edited:
The inside of a ZF transaxle is beautiful. Most people never see it, but it is.

Not really a comparison, but sometimes just knowing what is on the inside is an experience in itself.
(Speaking of maritime disasters) Sometimes when a boat sucks a log into the prop, the gearbox re-kits itself so you CAN look inside!

Back